Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Need advice

Need advice

Hi my name is Dan and this is first post. Been on various ssri for the last 10 years the latest was celexa and decided I wanted to live without the drugs so I weaned myself off over two months time which was to fast and was in withdrawal. Reinstated a month later and had what i believe a kindling reaction to the celexaa stayed on for 2 weeks and not much better doc switched me to paxil got worse than back to celexa. After 3 weeks back on celexa it just got worse and worse so I discontinued 1 week ago now taper but now feeling worse. Should I reinstate again. And taper or stay off? Pain, akathisia, anxiety, depression, basically in bed all day in hell.

Hi Dan unfortunelly reinstanting not always do the trick.
    English is not my native language, and I am just another sufferer.
    My advice is not to mess up more your system, but other members will give more and better advice about this.

Sending you healing vibes.
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

I have no doubt Iggy will be of more help here, she's going through something really similar right now with Celexa. My advice is to go back on Celexa, stabilize, and do a MUCH SLOWER TAPER. [10% every 4-6 weeks is typically recommended.] Hang in there.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

if i understand , the last was celexa(not speaking of paxil who was short), how long taken and what dose?
    i think it would be worth to try to reinstate, but need the answer to see where you are going; from now, do no more try a new med, you have already made trying and your cns is in chaos; these meds do not like moving dose and switching
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

This is a hard one. Going back on celexa and tapering slowly may not work but is worth a try. Some people take 8 or more weeks to stabalize. Then you can do a slow taper. I suggest that since you're already three weeks into the RI that you give it at least five more weeks.

If you decide to just stay off it's really a crap shoot. Sometimes the wd symptoms pass in a few weeks but for others (like me) they can last for years. I had the kindling effect and now wish I'd given th RI more time.

You said you'd been on several ssris. Why did you keep changing? How long had you been on the celexa? Were you having trouble with the drug before you decided to quit? Are you taking any other psychotropic drugs at this time? Answering these questions will help us to guide you.
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

Hi hon, if I wre you I would try to reinstate a very small amoutn of celexa, either 5mg or even 2mg this can hold off the worst of the withdrawal, and try to stabalise on that amount.

after you are stable you will be able to do a very slow taper/

this is just my opinion. but I think it would be the best course of action for you, how miuch did you reinatae of the celexa, and what dose of paxil did you take?

you have a hypersensitive nervous system and the doses you tried to reinatae at were probably too high,

can you put a drug history in your signiture?

the group owners will be along soon to help you. xx
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

I just realized that you have now been off for a week. This going back and forth has likely got your brain in chaos. Better to pick one choice and stick with it for two months. Either way you will likely be in hell for a few weeks which you must accept but if the celexa does kick in and you can do a slow taper you'll be in much better shape in the end.

Sending healing thoughts
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

I was on 40mg celexa for 5 years and decided to taper off 3 months ago too fast. Waited it out for 1 month off was feeling like hell and the doctor told me to reinstate at 40mg because Iwas jjust planning on staying back on. Had bad side effects but stayed on for 2 weeks but something felt wrong. They than put me on paxil at 10MG for 2 weeks no change and was having panic attacks, anxiety, and akathisia Than went back on celexa at 20mg and no change for 3 weeks. One week ago i cold turkeyed off of 20mg and now feeling even worsh. My nervous system feels raw and having burning feelings and my head feels likIt's going to explode. Dont know what to do pissed i ever went off of it. I take klonopin .5 almost everyday now too. I also had a breif few days of remeron thrown in there but made it worsh too. Dont know what to do been off celexa now for a little over a week.

Welcome, Dan. I’m so sorry you have gone through all this.

It is not obvious what you should do, but one possibility is to reinstate just a small amount of Celexa – maybe ¼ the full dose or 5 mg or even as little as 2 mg as Iggy says.

I would definitely not introduce any new medication.

So, the question is whether you can reinstate at all. If you can reinstate, it would be better. Then, you could stabilize for a bit, then taper ultra-slowly.

When did you start the Klonopin?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

You can get liquid Celexa and take exactly the small amount you want.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit