Thread: Ear Wax and hearing

Ear Wax and hearing

I've asked this before in a diffrent way, but i was wonder if you guys had bad earwax buildup in withdrawal and it affected your hearing, it certainly seems to have affected mine. Im almost 3 years out and thought i wouldnt get symptoms like these still, but i seem to, you guys having or have had this symptom??

Sounds like WD, Shane. And it does affect your hearing. Can get very very irritating. There are some options of relieving it here: http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/ear...me-remedy.html This way or that, the more time will be passing, the less troubling it will be becoming.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Too much wax is common and I don't think it is specific to w/d. I had my ears syringed not long ago. It is a simple and painless procedure. You just have to use something to soften the wax for a few days beforehand. I put olive oil on cotton balls and put them in my ears for a few minutes, morning and night. You can also buy OTC stuff from the chemist.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

I agree with Junior; I do have problems with ear wax.
    Syringe your ears and it will be ok.I have to do it too!
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

I have this exact symptom and it is very deliberating. I am too scared to go syringe my ears out. My symptoms are just too severe at the moment. Will go and do it when i feel better.

I had this problem before withdrawal, ever since i was a kid, but now in withdrawal its definately much worse and my wax builds up extremely quick. Not sure what its from though

It will be improving, Needinghelp. Once you feel a tad bit better, you can try syringing, it's really safe. Right now, you could also try some other self-help methods mentioned in the link I posted.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Needinghelp View Post
    I have this exact symptom and it is very deliberating. I am too scared to go syringe my ears out. My symptoms are just too severe at the moment. Will go and do it when i feel better.

I had this problem before withdrawal, ever since i was a kid, but now in withdrawal its definately much worse and my wax builds up extremely quick. Not sure what its from though
    Hi NH,
    I went to the ENT, with a small machine, ear wax sucked: It does not hurt anything, just make noise, do not bother.

Energy healing and a big hug,
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress