Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: really need advice about this

really need advice about this

ok, so I saw a thread on SA about PGAD, Its a permanent condition and even a progressive one that is ofetn caused by SSRIs...since reading it I have become sure that I HAVE developed it, and If I have then I WILL kill myself, as many many other women have.

the thing is, I didnt have it before I read the thread, but is that because it drew my attantion to it, or becasue its scared me so much and I have become so obssessed with it that I am getting a somatic response to it, I mean Im so focused all the time on ''am I having any sensations down there'' that Im totally always thinking about it, I dont know, I hnestly dont know if I haev it or not.

I have tried thinking about my hand and thinking, if you get a weird sensation in your hand then its definitly permemant and yes I do start to get a sensation in my hand, but I dont know, Im really scared, so scared its unbelieveable, this would be a deal breaker for me, and Im not making idol threats, I will not live like that, I cannot.

I cant think of anything else, I try to distract myself from thinking about it but I cant, I have tried so many things to stop thining about it and I just CANT. I need some advice on how to deal with it, and find out if I have it or not, from the descriptions I haev read the sensations are always accompanied by an urge to urinate, i dont have that, but I dont know if the rest is psychsomatic or not.

If I knew I didnt have this I would be doing alot better than I amat the oment, Im having constant panic attacks about it and thinking about my privates all the time, surely if Im constantly focused on that srea of my body then Im bound to feel things there? right?

please help me with this, im embarresesd to talk about it but I cant keep it to myself anymore
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

also I keep trying to say to myself, right, what is a worse feeling, whatever mild sensations I am having ''down there' or the anxiety about it, and its always the anxiety about it, but the more I think about it the more I feel these sensations, oh god, now Im so wrapped up thinking I have this permemnant condition that is in fact progressive, I have read so many accounts of people this, they have had it for 14, 15, 20 years and it never gets any better, they are tortured and desperate, many many people have ended thier lifes becasue they cannot live with the torture anymore. I dont stop thinking about it for 1 second every day, I dont even speak to anyone, I cant tear my mind away from this subject

I know no one can tell me if I have it or not, I was going to join a support group but i have scared myself so much with the groups I have already read that I dont think I could take anymore, maybe I need to stop looking at anything to do with it, but i cant stop myself
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

oh god, I just had an email from the woman who runs a support site for this where I asked if it had ever resolbed for anyone, she said that in the 14 years she has been campaigning and running the groups she has never seen anyone have it resolve or even made any better....well thats just great

what is PGAD? permanent generalized anxiety disorder? what site?
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Sweetie you are obsessing. Step away from the computer. Of course I shouldn't comment as have been numb down there for years because of paxil. Just part of the lovely package.
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

Is this the same as PTSD?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder. Very strange, haven't really heard of it before....hmmm. I know that it will probably get better as time goes on. Your description does not sound like PGAD though.
    Last edited by theelt712; 07-07-2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Some of the post may be triggering.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

Quote Originally Posted by mona View Post
    Sweetie you are obsessing. Step away from the computer. Of course I shouldn't comment as have been numb down there for years because of paxil. Just part of the lovely package.
    I think Mona is right as you said in your first post that you did not have this before you read about it. I think now that you've become aware of this condition, you are now convincing yourself you have it - I think this is because of the anxiety you are experiencing from WD as it can convince us of so many things that are not true. I would stop reading about this condition - you don't have it and don't need to worry anymore about it.
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper

I want that to be the case, I need to stop reading about it, I know the saying energy flows where the mind goes....and I think to myself, all the women on this forum had this symptom and were googling it etc, I wasnt, until I read about it. but then I worry that its reading about it that has made me realise I am having it///but then I think, but Im so aware of everything in my body I would have noticed before....

thanks shel and mona, and everyone

This is definitely neuro-hypochondria, my friend.

If you think about your genitals, you will definitely start to feel sensation there.

It sounds like PGAD is another syndrome that may have many causes, but is probably increasing in incidence because of SSRIs. They should seriously do a trial of high-dose Omega-3 for it, since it is neurological damage.

There have been many people post-SSRIs with hyperactive or shut-down genitals, and they recovered.

Anyway, Caroline, this is just the latest version of your neuro-belief that you are doomed to permanent suffering. Your brain can’t help having this bias right now, and perseverating on it. But try to take care of yourself the way you would keep a child away from the stove.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

The non-SSRI affected people would call this "medical strudents disease". If you didn't have it before reading about it, then you don't have it now. Please try to reassure yourself. I know it's hard with your w/d addled brain but please try.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous