Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Its A Miracle

Im going out now to buy a bucket and spade and other things for the seaside, I am going to try to go, I mean, If its awful then its awful, but I did so much stuff in march adn was ok, ish, im going to try to look forward to it and see how I get on, eeek
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Wishing the best for you, you deserve it. :)
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

Wonderful news. Knew you were heading for a break. Just don't rush it! Actually the seaside should be relaxing. Just make sure there is a place you can escape to if things get difficult. Will you have a room or at least a car? A little tent you could set up on the sand. Breathe deep and take in lots of sea air. xxx
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

no room, no car, just going for the day on the train, Im hoping that the sea will hae lots of negative ions which could be useful for my poor brain.

Picked up Fred from school and took him to the park and to the cafe....no akathisia yet, had some spacey dizzy trippy vertigo stuff and some minor spikes of anxiety but on the whole, still doing well.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

maybe holding is doing me good? maybe I am starting to stablize? its nearly been 6 weeks on the same dose, is it a possiblilty?

GOOD!! The symptoms start to break up;it is happening to me too.
    Now, you have to be very careful, and don't push yourself to hard.
    Treasure this window, and keep on going slooowly.
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

Hopefully the window continues and you get to go on the trip. If not then whatever, it's still a good sign. You seem to have good windows that come quick, maybe there might be a pattern emerging. Reading that was definitely my highlight of the day. I get the doubt.. in a way that's where I'm at. I'm afraid to make any commitments I can't cancel if things go south.. not talking about daily symptom variation in my case but work and such. Still doubting this thin ice I'm on. Whatever.. this is awesome. Mona, you're next in line..
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

It's going to keep getting better and better.

I say go and enjoy the peaceful sounds of the beach. I picture you relaxing on a blanket under a beach umbrella and watching Freddie and Sean playing together and all things are well. Also, you will show yourself, I can do this.

I believe you will be renewed and all will be well in time. Don't give up on the brink of your miracle.

Sending healing thoughts for all.

Iggy I am really pleased to read this! Even if the window is short-lasting, it means that the damage is NOT permanent and you are able to feel good when your neurotransmitters are at equilibruim, even if it is only for a short time. Every window is a glimp in the WD-free future, and every subsequent wave is a sign of further healing. We all will definately beat this WD crap and will once live life to the max again. Even better than before. And you are still cute... ;)
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

Wonderful news Iggy. If anyone deserves a break from all this suffering, you do. Make the most of it.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous