Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tru Fact

Tru Fact

"Comparing your situation with that of someone who you know has been on a similar dose and tapering schedule will do more harm than good.Our bodies respons differently.Another important reason is that although you may have been on similar doses with the same tapering schedules and methods you may not know the person's full circumstances.She or he may have less support, could have a preexisting condition, be taking other medication,consuming alcohol, trying different complementary therapies, taking supplements or over-stimulating in some way that you are not aware of."

From the book "Recovery and Renewal" by Bliss Johns
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

Well said Alex.

While it can be helpful developing peer networks and gaining a better understanding of our own condition - this knowledge should only - IMO - be used to help us to help ourselves.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

or scare ourselves half to death, as in my case lol
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Agreed with Iggy and the post, it could really go either way and each journey is different.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

Very handsome kid Caroline!
    Hermoso niño!
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

during all my withdrawal, i always needed and need to read other testimonies, it does not afraid me, it reassure me, i so much read about akathisia when i had it strong, reading has helped me to keep, i know all is not always said, but when i despair, reading during hours testimonies gives me hope and fatigue but hope; i fear if i do not read; my doctor told me to not look at internet, it will harm me, i hate him for what he have done to me, and am enough adult to know what i have to do, no need advices about this,
    i understand when someone is worse when reading, he want to not read; it is an individual decision, each people makes what he wants, viva la libertad, nobody has to say me what i have to do
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Going a bit off topic perhaps:
    Finding out about these forums and about ssri WD has been both a blessing and a curse to me.

I spent 1 year in WD, but as I didn't know it was wd I treated it like I had just developed severe anxiety&depression. In some ways that was a blessing because after I had my first moments of windows (the first ones lasted only minutes and waves were weeks) I kept reminding myself "nothing is broken, nothing is broken, you felt good emotions, it's just anxiety, nothing is broken". And I absolutely 100% believed that my symptoms came from the constant terror and the lack of pleasure was because my body was so exhausted. On the other hand this is what led me back to the drug as 1 year out I was not functional although I had improved. BUT the flipside is that because waiting was not an option for me (as it would not be for someone struggling with genuine anxiety&depression) I had to keep doing and trying things, and some of that I feel actually did help me. There are lyrics in a song which are quickly translated (and thus butchered) "I'm coughing blood - biting my lip - you say nothing new - but this time I feel - something floating above my head - a chance to change the course - finally turn everything to better, whole - with both hands I grab onto it" It was my theme song then. I'm not saying this is the right attitude or that it works for all but it did help me. I would absolutely do these things again, but this time with an acceptance that I have to also just simply wait..

I have such an odd perspective in a way... because I have never read these forums in a really bad state. I don't know how reading all this stuff effects those of you in a bad state but I can see the panicing herd mentality sometimes (on PP) after someone posts something and it causes that stampede. It's like every negative post weighs the amount of 50 recovery stories.. it is the same for me, just yesterday I was upset by a single post.
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

what post?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

When I say helped me some actually helped the symptoms (esp. anxiety,insomnia&derealization) but mainly to give me a sense of purpose and goal. I think every human being WD or not has a need for growth and progress and to feel that their existence matters.
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

Fj's about tapering speed not even mattering and those susceptible to wd would get the desensitized receptors regardless. If that were true this 3rd attempt of mine would most likely be even worse than the 2nd and ... yeah.. in that case I'll be sick for a very long time.

Feel free to hint me about someone who had a really severe attempt at stopping the drugs, went back and got off easier.. I'll give you a virtual hug.
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.