Thread: moon cycle

moon cycle

so...Sheila, this should be right up your street....

has anyone noticed a connection between symptoms and the lunar cycle? Im going to check my journal against the lunar cycle tomorrow but Im sure that the full moon causes an increase in symptoms, which of course makes sense...I mean the tern lunatic comes from the fact that the magnetic field of the full moon DOES have an impact on the human body.brain and people have ''gone mad'' during a full moon...

get your silver bullets ready, the FULLLLLLMOOOOOOON is coming!!
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Ha ha! I’ve thought about this, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the moon cycle turns out to be *a* factor, but I never was able to see a pattern with that, and we’re so sensitive in early w/d that a butterfly sneezing in China is also *a* factor in triggering a wave.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Who knows? My sister used to work with disabled people and swears they changed when there was a full moon. I've heard that the same thing used to happen to the people in asylums.

If moons can affect tides, which is common knowledge, why not moods and other bodily things? If - ok going to get spiritual here - if the body houses the spirit - as some believe (myself included), then why would that energy NOT be affected?

Interesting topic Iggy

Hmm... It just occurred to me. Isn't this what astrology is all about? Or was derived? Or something?
    Last edited by Junior; 07-02-2013 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Added another thought
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

since my tapering i never more watched the sky, moon or sun, too much zombie, i walk and do not see them, being busy with my anxiety, pains, equilibrium, derealisation, hypersensitivity etc
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I have not noticed anything, but popular wisdom says that matters. I do not know.
    Also seasonal changes. In fact, I wanted to start Seroxat decrease in May, and the nurse told me wait, that should not begin decreased en spring.
    Lately I have heard about solar storms.
    In reality, I have little knowledge about these things.

Fred, very handsome child!,
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress