Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to get off meds but struggling

Quote Originally Posted by Moui View Post
    Well, I'm right handed.. but I have some left sided tendencies. I liked to snowboard the other way around than most right handed people. I had some interesting drum setups too when I used to play them. Might be overthinking this whole thing..
    I also am right handed, however I have always had problems with laterality (or bilaterality), do not distinguish well the right or the left. When I went to driving school I was wrong, did not follow the instructions of the teacher (left or right). Also when I ride in taxi, I say to taxita "You must park here, or You must go around here", lol.
    I read that the creator of the GPS (satellite navigation device) also has bilateral problems.

Hugs
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Quote Originally Posted by shel View Post
    Interesting that you too had left-sided headache pain with your taper and afterwards, Tina. Thank you for sharing that - it does help to know that this is something others have dealt with. I haven't even started tapering yet and my head is hurting so badly. It really scares me to even think about what reducing will do but hopefully keeping the decreases really minimal will at least not make things worse. How are you feeling these days, Tina? I was originally put on ADs for stress too. I see that you also tapered a benzo. I will have to combat that after Celexa. That may be years down the road which scares me to stay on a benzo for so long but I don't really have a choice at the moment.
    Yes, I am benzo free + Seroxat free, lol
    I was alternating the decrease of benzo and Seroxat. Actually, I do not know if that is the best option. In the forums of benzo (benzobbudies) many people say it is better to give benzo, and then Seroxat. In Forums SSRIs (eg. PP) many people advised to leave the SSRI, and then Benzo. I did not follow any of the two routes, I went for "the middle way", lol. All options are risky, mine too, because WD symptoms may occur, and not knowing if it is a result of WD/benzo or wd/Seroxat.

Hugs,
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Parox, i think there is no rule to taper, the only rules i see is to taper slowly, and that for some, it is very difficult and for other not so much(if i would not be switched i think my taper would be easier, but switch brutally complicates)
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I am not really sure why I am posting as things are pretty much the same. Last couple of days have been rough. Feeling very fatigued, no desire to do anything. Have had bouts of nausea, dry heaving this morning. Appetite still bad - I force myself to eat but don't have any desire to do so and the thought of food makes me feel ill. Stlll having the longest ever period - now going on 4 weeks (have an appointment later this week to start making sure nothing serious going on but I am sure it is just that my hormones are "out of whack"). Because of all of the above and just in general, have been struggling with depression, suicidal thoughts. Strangely the headache has been better the last couple of days and this has been nice to have a reprieve from(still there but not as bad). Still wondering if a lot of this is Zoloft withdrawal and not the Celexa. I haven't attempted a decrease again in Celexa as worried will just make the above worse. So basically still in limbo.
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper

Michele, it's very good that you're posting. And it's good to hear that at least some of your symptoms (headaches) got better. So sorry to hear about this current depression. Please, remember that it won't be like that at all times, even during your taper. You will be experiencing better moments. Step by step. No matter how impossible it is to believe in WD that this nightmare will one day be over, it *will* happen nonetheless. Hang in there!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thanks so much for your supportive message, Luc. I know you are right, things do change, as I did have a pretty good day (still not "normal" but better) onS aturday, but then slid back down Sunday and today. I really appreciate your kind thoughts.
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper

i was invade with a deep chemical depression, but it has not long lasted
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Dear Shel, I don't know whether you have tried herbal remedies with the support of a naturopath. I not, I would recommend it to you. I have been coming of Paxil since March. As I reduced the med my naturopath increased doses of St Johns Wort and Kava. For me it made the withdrawal symptoms quite tolerable. I feel so much happier since I have been off Paxil. I am not out of the woods yet as I am having to deal with anxiety which according to my naturopath has been suppressed by the Paxil. I am hanging in there because I now experience happiness that I haven't felt for years. I hope this helps. I feel for you and pray for you.

Shel – Ach, I’m sorry you’re feeling so crummy. That is a long time to be menstruating, but I menstruated for, I think, up to three weeks regularly, if I recall – sort of off-and-on.

I’m glad you posted. It’s really good for you. Don’t hesitate.

For the nausea, have you tried ginger? Or baking soda? How long have you been having the nausea and dry heaves?

Rosebud – we have found it’s not a good idea to take a serotonergic substance like St. John’s Wort. And any mood-affecting herb you take, like kava, should be taken on an as-needed basis as opposed to daily. If it’s working for you, more power to you. And thank you for trying to be helpful. But, Shel, I would not recommend this to you.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Thank you for your replies Sheila and Rosebud. I want to thank you, Sheila, and Luc for encouraging me to post. It feels so supportive and makes me feel less alone in all of this.

Sheila, that is interesting that you had 3-week periods on a fairly regular basis. I wouldn't worry about it if it would just stop but it just keeps going. It has to stop at some point, right?!

The nausea doesn't seem to stay around very long, thankfully, so I haven't tried anything for it - although I have heard that ginger is good for such things. I have had some sort of vomiting - dry heaving or actually vomiting - maybe once a week over the last 3 weeks or so. I am not sure what to think about it except maybe it is related to anxiety. I believe the Klonopin I am on is masking some anxiety but I am sure it is still there, affecting my body.

I am getting a prescription for the liquid form of Citalopram this week. Am nervous how my current symptoms are going to be with decreasing this medication. I still worry that I am experiencing withdrawal from Zoloft so may be doubling up on withdrawal symptoms? But because of the headache situation (which unfortunately did come back today), I don't feel I have a choice but to start decreasing. As you had mentioned in a previous post, Sheila, I think my body is telling me to be done with these medications. I am just scared.

Thank you for posting the Anita M. interview and other things about her. I have read her book and loved it - I had not, however, made any connections from her experience to how we can approach withdrawal so that is very helpful.

I hope you are doing well, Sheila.

Michele