Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Want to get off meds but struggling

I eat everything, I just use the blender instead of my teeth. It's an easy way to flood my body with all those fruits and (especially) veggies. Now, for weight gain you'd need something with a bit more calories..
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

Very good, Moui. For calories, you could have eaten the Pringles, but the kitty ate them all. (I know, I know, you don't like the avatar any more.... ;)
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

For what it is worth, I love your avatar, Moui. :)
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper

You just say that because you're kind. Where's yours, by the way?
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

You can get a lot of calories in a blender. I use organic hemp seed or other nuts, banana, full fat yogurt and kefer, and whey powder. Also a banana with peanut butter gives you a lot of calories. I find it easier to eat late at night so keep a jar of raw cashews by my bed. Please let there be a day when food looks good again.
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

Thanks for the ideas, Moui and Mona. I guess I need to get a blender first! :) I do eat bananas so maybe I'll just add some peanut butter to those. I so relate to what you said, Sally - I really want there to be a day when food looks good again for me too. :( It is so difficult for me to go to the grocery store because nothing sounds good, kind of makes me ill being there. I am like you too, Sally, where late at night my appetite does seem to return. Unfortunately that is right before I go to bed but I lie there thinking about what actually sounds good to eat only to wake up the next day and find my appetite is still lacking.
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper

Quote Originally Posted by Moui View Post
    You just say that because you're kind. Where's yours, by the way?
    I love anything with cute kitties so of course I love your avatar. How does one put an avatar up? I am obviously not very tech savvy.