Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The [not so wonderful] World of Anhedonia

I had wondered where your apparent tolerance of the antibiotics fit in. You know, it’s possible that you had more of a reaction to them than you realize. If you look at it, you had cigarettes > pneumonia > multiple antibiotics > severe anxiety episode > Zoloft.

What if the multiple antibiotic courses had more of a neurotoxic effect than you realized and it was cumulative and helped push you over the edge into the anxiety episode? I wouldn’t be surprised, since you apparently have a very sensitive / finely tuned system.

I can understand even more now why not feeling would bother you. You *ae* used to being tuned in. But, don’t worry, that seems to be already fixing itself.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Never thought of it that way, Shelia. I miss pleasure. I feel so...disconnected from other people and reality because of my sudden inability to feel, you know? One day, I'll hopefully wake up and everything will be better.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

Elt you are healing. You might not think so but there are little snippets in your journaling that show it. I know it's hard but just hang in there.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Junior, thank you for the encouragement. :) I am trying as best I can. It's been a long 9 months [when I started with the cigarettes and antibiotics and stuff].
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/