Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Surgery in withdrawal, terrified!

Thank you everyone for your lovely replies! My feet are much better, just a bit sore, that's not the part I'm worried about! Upping the tablets had worked, I'm going to use just the smallest amount I can to be able to get by and get out the house! Going to try and wait a few more months just in case the coil does work, I can only hope. The only other option would be an ablation which thins lining, but I think it's got too bad for that, to be continuous and heavy since Easter. If it wasn't for the Norethisterone I would have bled to death! Well, the thought of hysterectomy doesn't give me any relief, it fills me with terror. I feel rough enough now, imagine after that. Anyway, had quite a window today! Met a friend, did shopping, took the kids to the park with some mates and got them ice creams. Really enjoyed it, had DR now and again but as always, thinking about it made it worse, so I ignored it. Was very exhausted still but my friend didn't mind me lying down at her house for an hour and I was flat out in the park too! Hey Luc, have put an umbrella up for the ants! Hugs. Xxxxxxz

So, what is this coil? You have one of the birth control thingies and that may help stop the blood flow?

So glad you got some relief from the bleeding by upping the progesterone for now. Glad the feet are better. And so glad you had a nice window! That’s a great sign.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Oh I am so happy for you regarding your day - sounds so lovely, Milkshake. And am so glad the updose on the progesterone worked to slow down the bleeding again - yay! You are doing everything you can to get through this horrible bleeding. I thinkyour plan makes a lot of sense. It would be wonderful if the Mirena starts to help. If not, maybe an ablation would be a middle road - it is possible it could work at least temporarily. If it fixes the problem that is great and if not, then it will at least buy you some time to heal further from your WD and gain more strength to face a hysterectomy. Regardless, I am just glad you had such a nice day and are doing well! :)
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper

I just read on NH’s thread you’re having a bad time. I don’t know anything about how the coil is supposed to work, but did you just start with it? Could it be making the bleeding worse?

I’m wracking my brains trying to think what’s going on and what you could do short of surgery. I will keep thinking.

In the meantime, sending healing energy….

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I too read in the other thread that the bleeding came back - that is so very frustrating. I am so sorry and wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you. Hope you are doing ok.
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper

Love to you Sheila and shel! Thanks for your concern. One of the top doctors at the hospital did a pelvic exam and concluded that my uterus is bulky, enlarged and tilted, probably right up against the bowel. If that's the case it would explain why bleeding is at it's worst when I need a poo! Not very pleasant information I know! The Mirena is supposed to reduce blood flow by up to 90 per cent, or even stop it, in many women, it releases a small a small amount of Progesterone directly to the uterine lining daily. At the moment, still bleeding quite heavily. Hoping to get the kids to the beach cos it's so nice today. Trust me to be the one to have a uterus like a football, ay! Lots of hugs. Xxxxxx

Oh, have had the coil in for 8 weeks now, can cause heavy bleeding for the first 3 to 6 months apparently, before it starts working. Will see what the hospital say on Weds when I have a follow up apptment for the device. Xxxxxxxx

Well, so the coil might be temporarily worsening things. Unfortunately, there seem to be a lot of things that work that way -- they make things a bit worse before them make them better. Let us know what the follow up opinion is.

I had a thought in bed last night. :) What about trying chiropractic, or osteopathy, or cranio-sacral, or acupuncture? It's possible that some straightening out of your kinks or chi could allow some endocrine re-balancing. Why not research this at least?

You're such a trooper. You try so hard to give your kids a good time and not worry them. Sending healing energy....

-- Holger Kalweit

Thanks Sheila! All of those things are so expensive though, no way do we have the money for them. Having said that, I did actually pay for a long course of acupuncture a while ago, but it did nothing. Had reflexology and reiki too, then ran out of money! I felt relaxed at the time, but no other benefit. Will keep going a little longer on the tablets. Got the kids to the beach with all their mates yesterday, hope to do the same today. Maybe can go for a swim today if the problems not too bad! We will make an early start, they are up. Got 5 hours sleep last night, joy! Thank you for wracking your brains, the support is wonderful. Hugs. Xxxxxxxx

Well, that’s terrible not to be able to try treatments you might want to try for lack of money. One thought is to go to the schools. Like a chiropractic school might have a student-training clinic that is low fee.

Did you have the long course of acupuncture to target the bleeding or something else?

Last thought for today is to consult with someone about what the correct acupuncture / acupressure points would be and then do acupressure on yourself or get a family member to do it – every day for free.

-- Holger Kalweit