Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Surgery in withdrawal, terrified!

Aww, it’s so good you can laugh at your w/d fears! I’ll never forget someone (LossLeader) comparing AD wd to LSD trips and talking about finding the edge of the kitchen cupboard ominous. And I had felt exactly that!

I’m wondering if your feet are doing what my feet did. They sound like mine looked. You’re the first person I’ve heard describe something that sounds like my feet.

And, I think shel might be right that the progesterone might have built up in your system, and your feet are trying to detox it. I would not put vaseline on it, because that blocks the pores. Does that feel good? Plus, it’s a petroleum product. Are they hot?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake View Post
    I still have some of the weirdest thoughts cropping up, NEVER ever had this prior to wd.
    Perfectly normal in WD, Milkshake. This plus the sensory ultra-sensitivity makes things totally bizarre. But, with time, it definitely gets better.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Well, tried to cut the progesterone down from 3x5mg tablets a day, to just one. Not good, bleeding really badly. Have started going up on it again this morning, really praying its going to work and slow the blood loss down again. If I can just get through the kids summer holiday on maybe 2 tablets a day and then decisions will have to be made. Will talk to my doc about the dangers of staying on this med too long. Thinking a hysterectomy would be the only way to stop all this, though I would happily stay on the tablets, to avoid it, if it was safe to. Still losing tons of hair on them though, have been looking to order a wig online, it's so bad. Maybe a Sonic the Hedgehog style. But seriously! Hugs. Xxxxxxxx

Stay strong, Milkshake! Sending you lots of healing thoughts.

Thanks Luc, same to you! Hope your day is going okay, it's gorgeous weather again here, all the ants are coming indoors again! Hugs. Xxxxx

Oh no - so sorry to hear the bleeding came back with the reduction of progesterone. I was hoping it would just have stopped. :( It sounds like you have tried all that can be tried and as your bleeding is so bad, perhaps a hysterectomy after the summer would be something to consider. I can't remember if your thyroid was tested in all of this? Thinking about you, Milkshake.
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper

Thanks shel, thyroid was tested quite a while ago so I'm going to get it done again just in case the problem does lie there. I was hoping I'd get respite this time, so disappointed the problem returned, oh well. Can make the best of the summer before it comes to the crunch. Trying not to think about it too much yet, I find it so scary. Hugs. Xxxxxxx

I just want to say hello milkshake. I'd put off reading your thread as the title scaired me so. Now, I'm so impressed with your wonderful positive energy in the face of an appalling situation. I am fortunate that my child was grown and I'd already passed menopause before I cted and really can't imagine how you have managed. I have no advice to suggest but send what little healing energy I have . It is wonderful that this site has such generous caringpeople for support.

xxxsally
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

OK, for one thing, I think we have to consider the possibility that you tapered off the progesterone too fast and are having a rebound. Once you re-stabilize a bit, one option to consider is tapering off the progesterone in smaller steps, much more slowly.

I’m really sorry about your hair. That’s so unpleasant.

How are your feet?

If it feels relieving to think in terms of the hysterectomy, then that’s a good option for you. Have you researched the alternative treatments at all?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

No worry about your hair, Milkshake. It's just a temporary glitch in the system. Once your body gets stronger, it will start rebuilding this, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake View Post
    it's gorgeous weather again here, all the ants are coming indoors again!
    Maybe it's because of the temperature - they are looking for some shade there as well. :)