Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Surgery in withdrawal, terrified!

shel, you're not hijacking, don't worry! The progesterone has dramatically reduced bleeding, thank God. I'm just upset at my hair falling, will make up for it if I get a beard coming through I spose. One thing I've tried to keep throughout all this is a sense of humour, though it did disappear in the acute stage, there was only survival mode. Imagine if this IS just another symptom and it goes soon, how miraculous that would be! Thank you so much for the info m&m, I'm really grateful. Were you in a lot of pain after your op, did the drugs manage it ok? How are you feeling now, I pray for a speedy recovery for you. Tons of hugs. Xxxxxxx

Milkshake, I senserly belive it IS a withdrawal thing and it WILL go away, when you reduce the progestrone, it may be worth looking into getting some natural progesterone cream to use now and again? I have heard people find it very helpful in withdrawal
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Thanks Iggy, will ask my doc about the cream, do you think you need prescrip for it? Just don't know if it would be strong enough for my problem though, it is extreme. Hope you are doing ok. Lots of love. Xxxxxx

no, I didnt mean to combat the bleeding but if the progesterone you are having does its job and you taper off, you could use the progesterone cream to help you taper more slowly from it and perhaps to use if it helps.

no, no prescription, try to find a natural one online
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Milkshake -- Probably, it would be best to cut down really slowly on the progesterone. Better to make several small drops over time than drops that are too big. Let your system adjust to small changes.

M&M – you are an Amazon!

shel -- Yeah, if you rule out other factors, there is a strong likelihood that this is neuro-endo disruption from the blooming meds. So many women have had menstrual irregularities when on or changing these meds. I’m trying to remember…oh yeah, my periods were heavier and much, much longer at one point in w/d. And the same period would get heavier, lighter, heavier, lighter! Never had that experience before. Now, some of that can be attributed to being peri-menopausal, but I don’t see how it could *not* have been partly due to the chemical chaos I was *clearly* in.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Well, an interesting new symptom has shown up in the last few days! This one is very sore feet, skin is painful and red with little red spots in places. It's really quite painful. So I'm putting lots of Vaseline on my feet. Has anyone else had this? Right now it looks like two pieces of corned beef on the end of my legs. Hugs. Xxxxxx

Oh no - so sorry to hear about your sore feet and skin....that sounds really painful. :( I've been thinking about you and wondering how the progesterone tapering is going this week? Perhaps it is something related? I really hope this passes soon. Can you walk?
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper

Thanks shel, oh yes I can walk okay, can't afford to be out of action with the kids. It's uncomfortable, like a bad eczema I suppose. Yet symptoms come and go, are so random, I'm just thinking it's another one. Have been cutting down on the Progesterone, down to 2 a day instead of 3 tablets. Not too bad at the moment, thank God. Been wondering how you've been getting on aswell, hope you've been managing okay. Hugs. Xxxxxx

So glad you can walk ok but am sorry it is uncomfortable. It probably is just one of those weird random symptoms that will go away soon. Also glad to hear cutting down on the progesterone is going ok - that is good news! I know you had some worries about that so it must feel good that all is well with the decrease.

Thank you for wondering about me. I am doing ok. No let up on the bleeding yet - almost 1 month now. I have a doctor's appointment next week to start the process of ruling out things but I suspect everything will come back normal and this is somehow related to my body/hormones being really "out of whack" at the moment because of something related to these medications. I just wish the bleeding would stop - it really is getting tiresome and I'd be lying if it wasn't concerning me.

Hugs back at you!
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper

I'm sorry Shel, was hoping you'd say it had stopped. What a carry on all of this is, seems to be one thing after another. I still have some of the weirdest thoughts cropping up, NEVER ever had this prior to wd. Today, in a shop, it was the mannequins freaking me out again! How stupid is that, I just laugh at it now. Then later, in the bath, I have the thought that its going to fall through the ceiling into the room below. It's hysterical, ay!? Anyone else get this sort of crap? Love. Xxxxxx