Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Surgery in withdrawal, terrified!

Sheila, thanks so so much for your concern. I keep thinking that this bleeding just could be a late withdrawal symptom, but is it? I've never had ANY menstrual problems until this started. It was out of the blue, absolutely nothing that I can tie it in with last year, no stress, trigger, supplements, etc. I don't take any supplements at all, fish oil heightens anxiety, vit B revved me, an Epsom salts bath made me feel even worse. I became a bit scared and now stay away from them! Really don't know if the let it bleed would be an option though, this was bad, real bad, before I took the hormones. A constant pour, iron levels dropping fast, hence I needed to go into hospital but just avoided a transfusion, luckily. If it was light to moderate then maybe I could ride it out, hey that sounds like the shipping forecast! I worry a lot about this strong Progesterone, apparently it does work on receptors, I've heard in a similar way to benzos. This frightens me, will I get withdrawal when I try to reduce next week? I'm scared. Loads of hugs to you, I'm so thankful that you reply. Xxxxxxxx

Luc, thank you so so much! Going to check the links. I nearly cried when I read you are going to send me healing energy, that is so kind, I sure need it. I must admit that during this journey I have repeatedly told myself I'm getting better, it will take time, look back to the acute stage and compare the now, etc. Yet, to chill in silence for a number of times a day, visualising healing will be powerful and strengthening. Going to start immediately. Thank you Luc. Hugs. Xxxxxxxx

Try this one out, Milkshake. Post 63. Very nice music. Just a tiny bit for a start, then add more, and keep the visualizations going:

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...0175#post20175
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Well, I certainly understand that sounds like a scary amount of blood loss. One possibility might be a compromise. What if you took just enough progesterone to bring the bleeding to a moderate level (ha ha! the shipping forecast!) and then lived with that for awhile?

To me, I feel very confident that, if you have not had any other major changes in your life, this bizarre bleeding is due to neuro-endocrinological imbalance post-SSRI-use, even if you had no menstrual problems ever before, and even if it took a year post-last-dose to start.

You’re 48. I’m 50. And, unfortunately, since we heal a bit slower at this age, plus have a lifetime of toxic buildup, we can sometimes recover too slowly from the meds. This allows secondary problems to develop in the meantime.

[Luc – nice research!]
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hi Milkshake, love your name.

I'm not advocating surgery, and I don't know anything about hysterectomies but just wanted to say that if there was a life threatening illness that you are facing and you needed surgery during this time,,, I feel you would be safe.

I experienced a very big surgery 11 months out from my A/R - W/D and for me there was no getting around it as my medical illness was/is life threatening. In a way I almost feel like the anesthesia actually helped me in some strange way. I also did chemo, and still do infusions of a different medicine now for cancer.

Thinking it's the W/D fear that tells people in W/D that they cannot be treated for illness, but I am proving that wrong, at least in my case since I am here telling you "I have experienced and still live to tell the story." :-)

Best wishes Milkshake.

Thanks for replying Sheila! Am going to try cutting down on the Progesterone this week, see how bad things get. It's certainly not normal to bleed to that extent on a daily basis. If only it would sort itself out.
    m&m, I cannot believe what you have been through, you are amazing, so incredibly strong! Have just been reading reading through your threads, hoping to read more about how your surgery went. I would be so grateful for any information as to what type of anaesthetic and pain relief you were given and how you tolerated it. How long were you in hospital? You're an inspiration to me for sure! I hope you are recovering really well, would be so grateful if you reply. Sending lots of love. Xxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake View Post
    ... what type of anaesthetic and pain relief you were given and how you tolerated it. How long were you in hospital? ...
    Morphine and Percocet

Overall I tolerated everything pretty well, except for chemo and steroids, nonetheless I came through. General anesthesia was given, not sure of the name. Was also given a med before going in to the OR, it is for drug-induced amnesia, do not know the name of this one either. I was in the hospital for about 3-4 days both times from what I can remember. They gave me morphine while in the hospital and when I was sent home I took Percocet. No noticeable problems with the Percocet, but I suspect it may have made depression worsen slightly and temporarily, but nothing long lasting.

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Well, I certainly understand that sounds like a scary amount of blood loss. One possibility might be a compromise. What if you took just enough progesterone to bring the bleeding to a moderate level (ha ha! the shipping forecast!) and then lived with that for awhile?

To me, I feel very confident that, if you have not had any other major changes in your life, this bizarre bleeding is due to neuro-endocrinological imbalance post-SSRI-use, even if you had no menstrual problems ever before, and even if it took a year post-last-dose to start.

You’re 48. I’m 50. And, unfortunately, since we heal a bit slower at this age, plus have a lifetime of toxic buildup, we can sometimes recover too slowly from the meds. This allows secondary problems to develop in the meantime.

[Luc – nice research!]
    Hi Sheila,

I have been actually having the same problem as Milkshake but not as heavy or for as long. My period has now been going on constantly for 3 weeks. I have an appointment to rule out causes but I can't help but wonder if there is just some hormonal disruption in place from either my quitting Zoloft or the change to Celexa. Wondering if this will eventually just go away on its own as I really am scared to take anything right now as I am feeling unwell as it is. Just thought I'd chime in since I am going through a similar problems, albeit on a smaller scale.
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper

I had a 3 week period a few months ago, my periods are also MUCH heavier than ever before, there is no doubt its dut to hormone disruption due to w/d
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Sorry to hijack your thread, Milkshake (by the way, this is wantrelief from SA). That is interesting that you too had a 3 week period, Iggy. Not sure mine is stopping at 3 weeks as it seems to just keep going but it is good to know you had this experience too and it finally stopped. Sorry to hear that yours is much heavier now than before though. I just really feel for you, Milkshake as my so far 3 week stint of this is getting tiring so I can only imagine what you are experiencing Please keep us posted how the reduction of progesterone goes this week. Did the progesterone stop the bleeding or just slow it down? Hang in there!
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper