Thread: Medphobia

Medphobia

I know that after taking AD's, I'm still afraid to take anything- this ranges from melatonin to loratadine [Claritin] to Tylenol....I know it's irrational, yet I still don't want to tamper with my brain any more than it has been, despite extremely short term use of AD's. Anyone else deal with this? It gets annoying to me somehow, but I can't force a pill down my throat.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

i take nothing since my taper, even a paracetamol, only when teeth problem, have been syringue poison, but take nothing until i will be able to keep, i hate doctors, no trust them more, for me they are comedian liying,
    and fear to have a surgery
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Personally, I limit myself to taking an absolute minimum of anything - just taking an over-the-counter painkiller from time to time.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I say this because I've been in a lot of muscle pain recently and my mom really wants me to start taking Motrin and Tylenol for it but I'm afraid to.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-

theelt – Why don’t you do some Googling about the problems associated with Tylenol especially, and present your findings to your mother. I personally think aspirin is safer, and better yet is willowbark.

Do you stretch? Have you tried epsom salt baths? These things help w/d muscle pain a lot. Also, you might consider some chiropractic.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Never heard of Epsom salt baths but I will have to look into them.

aka Epiphany-

Some more natural pain relievers; Fructo Borate, Bromelain, cilantro tablets, Boswellia, Meadowsweetas as well as Vitamin D, Omega-3. What might help, too, is keeping your body hydrated - drink plenty of water.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.