Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: believing in recovery

Quote Originally Posted by ABM View Post
    In 2005, I picked up a box and I felt a very quick sharp pain on my lower back. 30 minutes later, I found I could not stand up straight (it hurt!). If I tried and looked in the mirror, I looked like an "S". It appeared my lower right muscle was tight and made things crooked. During this episode, I laid down flat, face up for 2-3 days and the pain went away. The following year, the same thing happened, but it went away as before.
    Looks like it is, at some level, physically-reated, ABM. Slipped disc + some nerve compression. It happens when lifting too heavy weights. Did you experience any sciatica at the time? Though, I have no doubt it is worsened by WD (muscle tightness, poor blood circulation, muscle weakened by WD). Here are some ideas of what you can do:

Post 16 in this thread and the links there: http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...light=fountain

Very very important - when lifting any weights, do it as they advise in the pictures. If you bend your back (so called "cat's back"), you put tremendous pressure on your spine. Changing this alone (and remembering about it *ever time* you lift weights) can make a huge difference.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Luc, how do you keep up your belief in recobery? if I saw some level of improvement I would be able to believe but how do you keep up the belief when things only seem to get worse?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Looks like it is, at some level, physically-reated, ABM. Slipped disc + some nerve compression. It happens when lifting too heavy weights. Did you experience any sciatica at the time? Though, I have no doubt it is worsened by WD (muscle tightness, poor blood circulation, muscle weakened by WD). Here are some ideas of what you can do:

Post 16 in this thread and the links there: http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...light=fountain

Very very important - when lifting any weights, do it as they advise in the pictures. If you bend your back (so called "cat's back"), you put tremendous pressure on your spine. Changing this alone (and remembering about it *ever time* you lift weights) can make a huge difference.
    Hi Luc, I Know that WD made worse the problems but is true that adds disease in some cases. Look at my feet during WD and before.

I am not Luc, but though I am surely one of the worst cases, I know there is recovery still going on.
    And that is not just irrational belief: I will give a short summary of my WD ordeal.

Sept. 2007: Quit Paxil cold turkey from 10 mg
    Okt 2007: WD hit suddenly
    Jan 2008: WD worsened and had to quit work
    End of 2008: Totally desperate, no noticable progress, close to suicide
    Rest of 2008 and first half of 2009: total hell, unable to work, study, read, love etc.
    June 2009: first window, felt almost great!: Bought a study book and dived in woth great enthusiam. But window ended after 2-3 weeks
    End of 2009, start 2010: Started a study about operating systems
    March 2010: First two programming tasks: Website development and Java programming, still surfing on the windows but the progression was surely there. Bad wave in summer 2010 lasting for months
    2011: First bigger programming project, build the most advanced website in my whole career
    2012: First job on a half-year base, very good response from my manager, learned many new things
    2013: Dived into smartphone app programming, learning new things again. Feel better equipped for job market than ever
    Right now: some nasty residual issues but realsing that more time is needed to fully emerge from hell

So read my journal and see the progress. It is there, albeit slow as a snail but recovery never ends!
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    I am not Luc, but though I am surely one of the worst cases, I know there is recovery still going on.
    And that is not just irrational belief: I will give a short summary of my WD ordeal.

Sept. 2007: Quit Paxil cold turkey from 10 mg
    Okt 2007: WD hit suddenly
    Jan 2008: WD worsened and had to quit work
    End of 2008: Totally desperate, no noticable progress, close to suicide
    Rest of 2008 and first half of 2009: total hell, unable to work, study, read, love etc.
    June 2009: first window, felt almost great!: Bought a study book and dived in woth great enthusiam. But window ended after 2-3 weeks
    End of 2009, start 2010: Started a study about operating systems
    March 2010: First two programming tasks: Website development and Java programming, still surfing on the windows but the progression was surely there. Bad wave in summer 2010 lasting for months
    2011: First bigger programming project, build the most advanced website in my whole career
    2012: First job on a half-year base, very good response from my manager, learned many new things
    2013: Dived into smartphone app programming, learning new things again. Feel better equipped for job market than ever
    Right now: some nasty residual issues but realsing that more time is needed to fully emerge from hell

So read my journal and see the progress. It is there, albeit slow as a snail but recovery never ends!
    Hi Claudius, I think too that recovery is possible but need years ( sorry for no explain more details, my english is bad)

but this AKATHISIA!!!! its the akathisia
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    but this AKATHISIA!!!! its the akathisia
    Sorry Caroline for put another question in your post.

please dont apologise, your foot looks very painful you poor thing

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    please dont apologise, your foot looks very painful you poor thing
    Caroline, now my foot are fine ( very fine), but during my WD ( more 1 year ) I suffered from the use of the AD,and the doctors no said nothing

withdrawal attacks muscles very often, i have since muscles back pains, muscles rib cage pains , muscles legs pain, muscles bowels, arms, chest etc as fibromyalgia; with time it is more manageable and less intense and moving places
    before tapering, i never had something in back, i even do not know the back exist
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish