Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: believing in recovery

believing in recovery

as you all know I have a very big problem with this, and for good reason really, what are the real rates of recovery from this? especially with severe symptoms/?? are the poeple who recover in the minority? or do they disapear? or do people just have nothing else to say about being sick for long and stop posting?

the fact is sheila, luc, squirrel, mike, buxy, and many others have not made it, why? and why then should it follow that I can make it?

even when I read a recovery story I think, well all that prooves is that THEY recovered, and I think of keith or mike reading the same thing, finding comfort in it, but it means nothing really apart from the fact that THAT person recovered....

then I try to tell myself that shea, TTGW, Tigerlily may have felt the same as me, and they did recover....but what if their symptoms were not as bad as mine?

Mike says I have to take a leap of faith and live as if I will recover, but how can I? if I didnt have this god awful akathisia then I coud try and live some kind of life, but life is unlivable in this condition, plain and simple, unlivable torture.

If I saw some improvement, just a small amount (preferably in the akathisia department) then I would have more hope, but nothing, no improvement and things are just getting worse all the time.

how do you have faith in recovery? how?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

To answer your question, the recovery stories keep me going. There are stories of people who completely recovered 2-7 years out. Yes, I know that feels like an eternity, but at least they are recovered. And most of them went through hell similar to yours.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

I think the recovery if possible but long-term (more than two years and after improvement every day), but there are also cases of recovery with aftermath (severe headaches, anxiety, muscle problems, etc.)

For exemple , Aeroman ( ex-PP) was recovery ( years for it) and he have low back pain after meds.

Others have vision problems (pressure in the eyes...etc)

After learning about WD back in 2009, the succes tories kept me going, too. But very dissapointing and discouraging was reading that som many people recovered after 2 years. I still hoped to make it within that time and keep my job.
    But it went different for me, and I had the most long-term and excruciating WD as possible, with huge waves in the 3th and even 4th year.
    But stll I believe in total recovery. I still have some nasty residual, issues but I fele my body is still healing and I will emerge as a wiser human being.
    I read the last post of Aeroman on PP, we was slightly behind me in terms of time and reports almost complete recovery after about 5 years, feels better than ever in his life, is very lucky with his wife and also tells that the lower back pain is not necessarily WD related.
    I will need more time, perhaps 6-7 years but am determined to make it out alive.
    And I really pray we all will make it. Because not only time is needed, but also money when you are unable to work. I have been lucky so far in that I get supprot and had some savings, but I pray for the ones who do not have a financial backup...
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

but areoman just had anhedonia, he could still work and live life to some acceptable degree
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Low Back Pain....
    I just wanted to throw this out but has anyone experienced chronic back pain during SSRI withdrawal? I don't know if it is related but the pain became apparent right around the time depression/anxiety set in around Month 3.

In 2005, I picked up a box and I felt a very quick sharp pain on my lower back. 30 minutes later, I found I could not stand up straight (it hurt!). If I tried and looked in the mirror, I looked like an "S". It appeared my lower right muscle was tight and made things crooked. During this episode, I laid down flat, face up for 2-3 days and the pain went away. The following year, the same thing happened, but it went away as before.

However, in the beginning of June 2008, my wife and I took a nice long road trip and I found the dull achey pain on my lower back. The pain didnt go away. Then, a week later, I got that sharp pain again and I was down for 2-3 days. Ever since then, I have had the dull pain every day. I have gone to the chiropractor which has brought no relief. He just gives me low back muscle strengthening exercises. I started acupuncture about 3 weeks ago. After the 2nd session, I felt much relief for about a week but just this past Thursday, it returned and not surprisingly, my mood (already plagued with depression) went down more in the dumps. My mind tells me, "this is how its going to be forever" so just deal with it. And I also think that I will be one of those that lives on painkillers for the rest of my life (I dont take any pain killers). I am going to continue acupuncture.

Just wondering if anyone out there has had this and gone away after w/d recovery? Thanks.

Juan

Sorry, is one post of Aeroman.

Well I believe I am a worse case than Aeroman but do not suffer from lower back pain so maybe it is indeed not WD related...
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses