Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: theelt712's Zoloft Madness

Enjoying the calm at the moment. I am almost tired but the calm is very relaxing and very encouraging. I enjoy it quite a bit, despite the painful nerve pinching sensation in my arms right now. :( When my mental/emotional symptoms improve, my physical ones get worse and vice versa. I noticed today that I was daydreaming in the shower- a very encouraging sign. :) Some good things.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

Yes, that *is* interesting how Christianity built on or incorporated earlier religions. A lot (all?) religions have holidays that tend to correspond with the equinoxes and solstices. What else have you discovered?

Ha ha, post 39!

Studying addiction sounds like a potential project, too!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I've discovered that the Bible tends to contradict itself a lot, and condones heinous crimes like rape, slavery, and murder amongst them.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-

My arm feels like it got shot or something. I have been sleeping on it wrong somehow but man, the pain gets worse. If this keeps up, I will have to see a doctor- which, I am seeing for a check up on Friday. Uggh, I hate being all sore and achy. :(

aka Epiphany-

***THIS PART IS MAINLY FOR WOMEN***

I got my period today. Before AD use, I didn't get a period for a year and a half due to stress. Me and my mom went to multiple docs, had a whole bunch of tests done, and yet I came back with a clean bill of health. So, my gyno prescribed me birth control. I was still on Zoloft when the birth control was prescribed, but tapering off....and I decided against the birth control. About 4 days before ending Zoloft, my period oddly returned but it was far lighter than usual. I didn't get it in June, and now I have it again. I wonder if getting off Zoloft had anything to due with the regulation of horomones. Perhaps this is the only good thing to come out of WD and Zoloft use.

Alright, now non-women can read this and not be grossed out...

I recently went through my old journals and read all my old ones about wanting to be numb to emotion. I sincerely wish I never wrote those. Yet, I was ignorant and didn't really know better. Now, I can't wait for my old emotions to come back.

aka Epiphany-

Exciting news in the world of ELT! I got accepted into a writing workshop from July 30th-August 18th, on Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays. I am extremely excited about this. It's something to do. Now I just have to wait! LOL, but isn't that what I'm used to? Here's to the new journey.

aka Epiphany-

My mom just asked me how to ween off of Welbutrin. I told her that she needs to do it very slowly, and she doesn't believe me and she said that she'd rather ween for a month and be done with it. She's in for a world of hurt for several years if she does it that way.

aka Epiphany-

Fantastic news about the writing workshop! Congratulations!

I think it's great you turned the birth control pills down. My opinion is that birth control pills are bad for you. I would stick with the old mechanical methods.

That’s terrific that your mother asked your advice. Keep working on her. Point out that you two are genetically related and you have had a hard time.

I've discovered that the Bible tends to contradict itself a lot, and condones heinous crimes like rape, slavery, and murder amongst them.
    Can you give an example, and say why this is interesting to you?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

An example of rape in the Bible would have to be Deuteronomy 21:10-14 (NAB):

When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion
    It's saying that if you like a woman, feel free to 'take' [rape] her. This interests me because a lot of people use the Bible as a moral compass, yet the overlook a lot of the disturbing crimes committed and condoned in this book, rape amongst them.

aka Epiphany-

Uggh. "Girl stuff" is about back to where it was two years ago...I think it proves that although something seems permenant, you can recover. Without meds, too, as what happened to me here. I think it was all triggered by stress, to be honest- well, not having a cycle was anyway.

Let's hope the same happens with my emotions and pleasure.