Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: theelt712's Zoloft Madness

Well, I think after going over the details and talking to docs about it- it is an AR.

Well, I am (hopefully) going to see a friend today. It is pouring down rain and it is keeping me awake at wee hours of night. Stomach is bothering me.

Hello, Theelt712. Welcome to IAWP. Even if those improvements may feel like not enough yet, it will keep getting better. The very good news is that you spent quite a short time on ADs. Through waves and windows your system will be rebuilding itself.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thank you Luc for your kind reply. I am hoping to get out of the house today and actually do something. Being at home gets extremely boring a lot of the time and causes me to focus on my symptoms more than I already do. It's pretty bad.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

From my journal at PP:

"Today's agenda:

-Took a bath.
    -Hopefully seeing a friend later.
    - Try to talk things out.
    - Sleep.

My sleep has been pretty terrible. Waking up feeling like you are unable to breathe properly with stomach issues is pretty horrendous and grueling, along with continuously disrupted sleep [waking up every 2-3 hours] and odd, vivid dreams."
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-

Because you are 15, your brain is changing very fast. You are going to repair the changes the Zoloft made very quickly. You will get physical sensation back and your depth of emotions, too.

In a way, it doesn’t really matter whether you call your experience an adverse reaction or withdrawal. They have so much in common. And where do you draw the line, really, between side effects from the drug and an adverse reaction? It’s a continuum. You clearly had a lot of side / adverse effects from the drug, and it was super-smart of you to question whether that was OK, safe, worth it, and to ultimately decide it was not.

Now, you’re healing, and you will heal whether it was an adverse reaction or not.

I also want to say that you’re going to get some tips and advice here on this forum, but you are a minor, and it’s essential that you consult with your legal guardians about any health matters. You probably know more than they do about antidepressants, adverse reactions, and withdrawal, but that’s the way it goes, and they do, in fact, have life experience you don’t have. :)
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Thank you Shelia- I have consulted my mom time and time again and the most she tells me is to take Tylenol and that most of this WD stuff is actually anxiety, and it is "all in my head". Every ER visit, blood test, EKG, all came back fine. It's a very odd reality, really. I went off the meds because I had a feeling it would damage me in the long run. And that's where I went for advice on the internet.

aka Epiphany-

Woke up to the lovely sensation of feeling like there are bugs under my skin and are biting me. I've had it before but it went away almost as quickly as it came. Now it's back. Ahh well. It's almost like a numb feeling but you're not exactly numb or have goosebumps, it just feels like that. Very odd. I'm going to try not to pay too much attention to it, as it's gone away before. I want to say it's the on set of akathisia but I am not completely sure. It feels as if fleas are biting me but when I look, there are no fleas. It's gone away before. It's also an anxiety symptom if I'm not mistaken. I woke up to severe tremors and spasms as well. The reawakening of WD and my mom thinking I'm crazy. I wish I wasn't so hard for her to live with and that she understood me.

Anywho, in 15 year old life, I seriously hate being the 3rd wheel out of almost all my friends. Almost all of them have boyfriends/girlfriends, even the ones that aren't usually with a partner, and I'm happy for them- but it makes me wish I had a partner as well. I wish I was healed enough to have a good partner. But I digress. The biggest thing I miss is feeling. The only known cure for that is time....and it takes most people 2-4 years. Here's to trying to relax.

aka Epiphany-

Made a thread about anhedonia, if anyone wants to help, please look at it. :)

aka Epiphany-

hey honey, why dont you get your mum to look at the recoery road website?

this is the link to the family section

http://recovery-road.org/for-family-carers/
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Thanks Iggy, I may definitely get her to look at the link when I can- she's asleep right now. Reading the success stories on there, most of them benzo withdrawal [which I REFUSE to take Ativan, my mom tried to literally force one down my throat when I had tremors], and it does give me some hope.

aka Epiphany-