Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: theelt712's Zoloft Madness

I get morning sinus congestion too (like right now). I also sometimes get a sticky mucus in my throat. It seems to be getting better the lower I go on citalopram and the more I eat vegetables and keep myself hydrated. It used to be bad and chronic, now it's not much anymore. Not sure if it's a wd issue for me or drug side effect - leaning towards the latter. Milk, grains, caffeine, chocolate and junkfood are on my list of things that seem to worsen it. Not exactly sure which ones, I think grains might be the worst offender for me.
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

I also wake up every morning with those symptoms, every morning without fail. But for me, its not psychological, so I don't even like calling it anxiety.

For me, its actual, overwhelming physical sensations like internal and external shaking. Cold skin. Sudden waves of heat and sweating. Nausea.... basically all the symptoms of fight or flight or raised cortisol.

This has to end though. I keep reading over and over that eventually we all heal, some people faster than others. You are young, you have that on your side, you will heal quickly.

I joined your new forum and hope others will too then there will be somewhere for these established 'conversations' to continue.
    1998 Zoloft 1998 - 2010 Various medications including Serzone, Buspar, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Inderal, Duromine and Lexapro. HRT. Codeine and liquid morphine for pain. Stopped Lexapro in 2010 with a too fast taper over about 2 months. Diagnosed with ADHD- stimulants.
    Nervous system 'crashed' in November 2011
    May 2013 - Last medication of any kind after learning about protracted withdrawal.
    Partially bedridden and daytime agoraphobia

Quote Originally Posted by Moui View Post
    ..... I also sometimes get a sticky mucus in my throat. It seems to be getting better the lower I go on citalopram and the more I eat vegetables and keep myself hydrated. It used to be bad and chronic, now it's not much anymore. Not sure if it's a wd issue for me or drug side effect - leaning towards the latter. Milk, grains, caffeine, chocolate and junkfood are on my list of things that seem to worsen it. Not exactly sure which ones, I think grains might be the worst offender for me.
    I get this sticky throat thing too, but didn't know it was WD related. I was taking medication for acid reflux for a while because my doctor said that was causing it, but of course it didn't work. Mine seems to be triggered by similar things as yours, but only sometimes, I also get it when I go out in the car, but not walk.

I've been off Lexapro for over 2 years and off all medication for about 2 months now, and still get it, so I think its withdrawal related, I never had this in all the years I was on medication. It has improved slightly over the last year. Thank you for mentioning this Moui.
    1998 Zoloft 1998 - 2010 Various medications including Serzone, Buspar, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Inderal, Duromine and Lexapro. HRT. Codeine and liquid morphine for pain. Stopped Lexapro in 2010 with a too fast taper over about 2 months. Diagnosed with ADHD- stimulants.
    May 2013 - Last medication of any kind after learning about protracted withdrawal.

Quote Originally Posted by Moui View Post
    I get morning sinus congestion too (like right now). I also sometimes get a sticky mucus in my throat. It seems to be getting better the lower I go on citalopram and the more I eat vegetables and keep myself hydrated. It used to be bad and chronic, now it's not much anymore. Not sure if it's a wd issue for me or drug side effect - leaning towards the latter. Milk, grains, caffeine, chocolate and junkfood are on my list of things that seem to worsen it. Not exactly sure which ones, I think grains might be the worst offender for me.
    I get sticky mucus too... :o. Is it white and goopy? Also, does anyone else get bad acid reflux?

Petu- I replied to you in the forum!
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

Hmm. Petu, did yours start only after off the drug(s) or while still on? I don't remember having this in my previous wd attempts when I was completely off.. The throat mucus is like glue. When I have that I'm constantly trying to clear my throat but it's not helping. You'd think I was a chainsmoker the way I'm hawking (as a non native english speaker- is this really the word?I had to use a dictionary for once)
    Around this time last year the issue was much much worse and yes the snot was sometimes very foamy. I couldn't believe how much of that stuff the body can produce. No reflux for me though.

Sinus and throat phleghm thing is almost coming to an end I feel (getting low on citalopram as well?).. if I stick to my good foods and such it's mostly noticeable in the mornings now, and only sometimes appears again. Nostrils feel a bit icky still but no more persisting congestion, it's hardly noticeable now. I used to have 24/7 either one or both nostrils blocked for a year or so. I had to sleep head and back elevated for a long time because it would drain to my chest and the coughing woke me up.. many bronchitis infections too.

A few months back the sinusitis made a nasty comeback and I thought it might be hayfever and I was considering an allergist but then decided to try being really strict with my diet first. And that seemed to work so I've just kept doing that instead.. it doesn't seem to matter if I eat carelessly for a day or even a few days but if I go on for longer it starts coming back again.
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

My random sinus problems and throat phlegm started after coming off the SSRI meds, but not immediately after, I was actually quite healthy and functioning well for a few months, my symptoms started one after another and I made no connection with stopping Lexapro, thought I was over withdrawal.

I also used to get many bronchitis infections (while on SSRI meds), I was actually diagnosed with asthma. I would catch every cold and flu which was around and then end up coughing for months. But since stopping Lexapro my general immunity seems to have improved, I don't get colds and flu as bad as other people and my asthma or bronchitis seems to have disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Petu View Post
    My random sinus problems and throat phlegm started after coming off the SSRI meds, but not immediately after, I was actually quite healthy and functioning well for a few months, my symptoms started one after another and I made no connection with stopping Lexapro, thought I was over withdrawal.

I also used to get many bronchitis infections (while on SSRI meds), I was actually diagnosed with asthma. I would catch every cold and flu which was around and then end up coughing for months. But since stopping Lexapro my general immunity seems to have improved, I don't get colds and flu as bad as other people and my asthma or bronchitis seems to have disappeared.
    I had pneumonia premed and the sinus issues also started for me after meds. My sinus issues haven't improved, and I'm quite upset about that.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-

Since this place is closing down in 2 days, I encourage everyone to join and participate on my new forum. It's for people tapering off of a Benzo and/or an SSRI, kinda like a mini version of BenzoBuddies and PP/SA/this site rolled into one. I'm not looking to compete with anyone. I'm looking to create a caring environment for everyone and to make them feel like they CAN heal, just like this site and PP can do.

We have had over 100 posts in just 2 days and it's an effort I can not do without members. I am also looking for moderators to help me out, as I will be back to school in less than a month.

-Epiphany

aka Epiphany-

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

*hugs for everyone* :D

aka Epiphany-