Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: theelt712's Zoloft Madness

You will be fine T, trust me.Two VERY important things are in your favor: you are young; and the most important, you were on the drug for a very short time.

Sending good vibes
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

Quote Originally Posted by theelt712 View Post
    I had a dream about PP. I had a dream that a YouTuber cane on PP, debated its members, and did not win. I think he lost to Junior due to her careful explanation of SSRI withdrawal effects. Man. I should stay off the internet, LOL!
    O_O I am famous!! LOL!!!
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

theelt -- Ha ha! Funny dream about pp!

I’m so sorry you’re having such a hard time right now.

Are you finding it hard to write right now because you can’t feel as much? If so, I have a great quote for you from a writer who took Prozac.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

@Shelia, I am having a hard time writing right now. I had Writer's Block premed but it is bad now because I do not have motivation to write.

@alex, thank you! Loving the guy with the guitar!

@Junior, YOU ARE [well, at least on the forums]! EMBRACE IT! :D
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

Elt why don't you write about what is going on for you during w/d? When others are suffering, there is nothing like reading about someone else's experience with the same thing. I found it very comforting to read about other parents experiences of having their children diagnosed with autism, when Jason was diagnosed, and it is the motivation behind me writing my book about my journey through infertility. You may be able, through your writing, to support others?
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

I might be. I got an idea for a book yesterday while daydreaming a little bit....a journal kind of like this one....called SSRWhy? chronicling a girl's adverse reaction to a new medication. As soon as I get a new computer, I should write it or use Google Docs. I feel if I write about my suffering, I will probably end up bawling my eyes out and even further engulfed in my own suffering. I might comfort others but it's....harsh.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-

I did something huge last night- I came out about my sexuality [I am bisexual]. Step one in reducing stress....take away some of the things that is causing the stress.

aka Epiphany-

Today has been a boring day...sinus pains, head pains in back of head, relaxation, moments that are devoid of thought, relaxing, not really feeling much but not paying attention to it. Very odd day.

aka Epiphany-

Wow, theelt, that is so great your coming out about your bisexuality! Well done! Very courageous. You're absolutely right that this will ultimately make a huge dent in the stress level. I'm very impressed!

Re the lack of motivation, I know you have a neurological challenge right now, but I still think that "just doing it anyway" is doable and neuro-rehabilitative, and a good practice for the inevitable writer's block you will have from time to time even when not neuro. I highly recommend Elizabeth Gilbert's TED talk. I've watched it 2-3 times. She talks about the immense value of just "showing up" every day at your writing and just doing some, and not waiting for the muse. A great metaphor for all of life.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Thank you! I begin a writing program on July 30th, and that's awesome. I'm nervous about sometimes, I really have a blank mind and cannot force memories or any thought. I sometimes forget passwords and other memories. I can talk cognitively, but sometimes I can mess up words badly and I forget simple stuff. I'm scared about seizure possibilities and I am getting an MRI Monday to address this issue as well as an EEG.

aka Epiphany-