Hello! I am theelt712. A lot of you may know me and my ongoing story from PP or, early on, SA. I'm 15 years old and was put on Zoloft for situational anxiety so bad that it landed me in the ER. 25 mgs. My anxiety was so bad that I couldn't eat anything. I was on Zoloft for 5 weeks before I decided to taper. Why? Well, I noticed that I didn't have pleasure in the same ways that I had pleasure before, I couldn't feel the same depths of emotions I had before, and that generally, I was tired and feeling crappy all of the time. I would sweat, feel confused, have bad stomach pains, and felt so terribly that I could barely concentrate on school work. This was on the drug. So, I decided to do a quick 4 week taper to limit my exposure to the drug. My days on Zoloft ended on May 20th, 2013. 5 weeks out, and I'm still dealing with shooting nerve pains, anhedonia, reduced pleasure in anything, anxiety, tiredness, and general lack of depth of emotion. I feel hopeless half of the time because I fear it just never gets better. I know I sound crazy, but I generally write how I feel. I hate being so young and so upset. I noticed 3 days into taking Zoloft, my hands were cold and clammy, I felt tired and I generally felt flu like. Although I feel way better now, the lingering side effects are still really distressing. If it wasn't for the lovely people on PP, I would probably be crazier than I am. I have odd, vivid dreams NIGHTLY [which is cool, it resulted in a lucid dream once and I generally enjoy lucid dreaming] and I think that's my brain sorting things out. I am stable enough now to apply for work. However, my biggest fear is never getting my emotions and pleasure back and my GI issues. If I eat a huge meal, my stomach hurts and it results in belching and breathing problems. I had acid reflux before AD's but this is horrendous. Also, cognitively, I have been screwing words and passwords up like crazy.

The good part about this- I have prevented ONE of my friends from ever taking Zoloft. She's 13. Which brings me to why I'm here. I want to help other people going through my situation and get advice along the way. *hugs to everyone*

-theelt712, aka Epiphany