Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sinus problems (19 months off)

Sinus problems (19 months off)

Hello all,
    At first, say that I'm Spanish, so sorry for my English.
    My name is Anna and I am EXPP (Anna_Anna user). I was taking paxil for 10 years (10 mg), a year of gradual tapering and now I have 19 months off paxil.
    During the reduction I have had the WD typical problems(dizziness, brain fog, muscle aches, etc.), but is worrying me that in January I developed sinus problems (sinus pain and infection). I was treated with antibiotics and the infection was off but since then I am with sinus pressure and inflammation (for reducing paxil and WD always noticed something strange about sinus problems).
    Some of you have had the same problem?

Thanks all and sorry for my bad explanation!!!

Anna.

Hello, ABM. Welcome to IAWP!

Yes, sinus problems are very very common in WD. Quite many folks mention it in this recent thread in here: http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...0039#post20039 and in many other threads on the forum. WD causes all possible types of infections/pseudo-infections, inflammations/pseudo-inflammations, allergies/pseudo-allergies. It definitely gets better with time though.

What you can do it trying to alleviate this symptom applying natural ways of treatment. Still, the most important healing factor in WD is time.

You are very welcome to start your own journal in Journals subforum. You could post about your progress there, and we would be able to help you better - your entire WD history would be all in on place. :)
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi Anna, nice to see you here

last time i spoke to you you had depression, how is that now? how is your anxiety?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

I have always had sinus problems, but they seem worse in WD. It sometimes feels like I can't breathe.

Hi Luc, thanks for your reply. In a few time i will start my journal!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    Hi Anna, nice to see you here

last time i spoke to you you had depression, how is that now? how is your anxiety?
    Hi Caroline, I'm better but my improve is linear i think. I will inform us that my SCAN before and after paxil shows inflammation brain so i think these drugs cause inflammation. I ask to the doctor about it and said me that no is possible (the doctor no Knows nothing). My theory is that inflammation causes that brain no work well ( dizzines, depresion, ansiety...etc).

Nice to see you here Caroline ( I Know that you are in a bad days. I wish you improve early).

Anna.

Thanks Anna, thats interesting about the inflamation, when did you have the scans done? also you may be interested to know that there is a spanish cafe here if you wish to post in spanish
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

also how come you had a brain scan before withdrawal? I guess Drs could only see the inflamation if you had something to compare it to, i would imagine most of us have inflamation in the brain

Hi Caroline, when I had the sinus problems in January the doctor made one SCAN and said me that all sinus cavities shows inflammation . We compare this SCAN withone SCAN ten years ago before paxil and all soft parts are bigger. So be careful with it.

Quote Originally Posted by theelt712 View Post
    I have always had sinus problems, but they seem worse in WD. It sometimes feels like I can't breathe.
    Hi theelt712, thanks for your reply. The sinus problems improve?