Thread: what symptoms DONT you have

what symptoms DONT you have

Its easier for me to name the things I dont have than do have so here are the symptoms I am grateful not to have

1) insomnia - i usually sleep well

2) early morning waking with panic - this has stopped, I still wake with panic, but not early lol

3) anhedonia - for the most part I can feel

4) physical issues - unless you count akathisia and vertigo - but i only have minor pains

5) intrusive thoughts - no homicidal thoughts and i am grateful for this

6) burning - i have only felt mind burning like sunburn and only occasionally

errrrrr...thats it, the rest I have
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Intrusive thoughts, akathisia, burning.
    I have had most other symptoms now or at a point, including insomnia.

If I get back to the midst of the hellish WD I had during the first 2 years, there were a few symptoms I did not have:

-Insomnia, I could sleep fairly well most nights
    -Coordination and muscle problems, I was able to walk long distances and drive my car
    -Memory loss: though I got back horrici memories of the past, there are no holes in my memory. Even the knowledge from my nighty study activities during Paxil use is still there.
    -Speech problems, never had them

But not to say that I was a total physical, mental and neurological wreck in those days...
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses