Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sad and gloomy

Sad and gloomy

I have had quite a good day today. That was until I went to pick my son up from school. The playground is normally a noisy place but I was running a little late and most of the parents were leaving and so the playground was unusually quiet. The quietness hit me unexpectedly and for some reason I was suddenly hit with a feeling of sadness. Following this I had an overwhelming urge to cry but managed to keep the tears in until I got home. During the 10 minute walk home I started thinking about the events of the past couple of years or so.
    Today I am a year older and I have no one to celebrate it with.
    The last 2 and a half years have alienated family members and 'friends' and today I realise how alone I am. I have no friends.
    I have a husband, a mum and dad, and 2 sons. My sister I hardly see. My husband is working, my mum and dad are on holiday in France (enjoying themselves I hope!) and when my boys are in bed I will have no one but myself and my thoughts.
    The last 2 and a half years have been cruel to me in some ways. Its times like today that I wish I hadn't alienated people, but then I think if the friends I had were true friends they would be with me now...
    Started on Sertraline 50mg January 2011 (increased to 200mg over a couple of months)
    Started on Risperidone for 'resistant depression' end of Feb 2011
    Stopped Sertraline October 2012
    Started Mirtazipine October 2012
    Stopped Mirtazipine December 2012
    Stopped Risperidone March 2013

Lucozade revive...another parent gave me a bottle whilst I was watching my son race. The caffeine content isn't huge and I drink coffee sometimes but I have just noticed that it has B vitamins in it. I wonder if this has anything to do with how I am feeling. Far from making me feel revived I feel very tired and dizzy. I can hardly stand up, the room is spinning when I do. I would never have drunk it if I had realised sooner about the vitamins.
    Could be a coincidence, I might have felt this way anyway but it could be an explanation.
    Plus I am feeling a bit down anyway because of it being my birthday.
    Lesson learnt....look at food and drink labels in future!
    Started on Sertraline 50mg January 2011 (increased to 200mg over a couple of months)

hermi, im sorry you are having a crappy birthday, happy birthday, I know its not happy for you but next year will be better.

could have been the lucazade, could have been anything, I am also feeling alot of vertigo at the moment and it adds more anxiety to the mix, I will be watching my son at the sports day next week, did your son win?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

I'm almost certain that this Lucozade thing has added a lot to your symptoms, Hermi. There doesn't need to be much caffeine to trigger the worsening. Plus, the additives, preservatives, all of it (aspartame, sodium benzoate, and many more) they add to all those energy/sports drinks are just terrible. Also, there surely is lots of processed sugar in it, which very often causes the symptoms to get worse, too. In no way am I trying to scare you or anything, but please have a look at this link here;

http://www.naturalnews.com/033794_en...e_effects.html

So, the best option is to simply cut it out totally from your diet. It will help you to avoid such worsenings in the future and your body will have more strength to recover faster.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thanks Iggy!

My son came 1st in the running race and 2nd in the sack race, but near last in the other 2 - one was an egg and spoon race and the other was on one of those space hoppers. He kept falling off it was very funny. He didn't mind losing he just had fun bouncing all over the place and getting as dirty as possible when he fell off.I felt sorry for some of the other kiddies that lost, some were really upset and cried.
    I hope your son does well next week :)
    The sun managed to disappear for the whole hour I was there, I was frozen! Its nice again now I might try and sit outside for half an hour when the kiddies have gone to bed. It might make me feel a little better.

I am sure I will feel better tomorrow. Tonight will be a chinese take away for one and a film. Not sure what I'm going to watch yet but I know it will be something easy to follow as I am feeling very tired and dizzy still. If I had a few friends I could watch a film in company but for now I will try and enjoy it alone x

Thanks Luc...I am sorry I did not see your reply before I posted. Apart from the lactose intolerant thing I so far have not had any problems with any sorts of food or drink. I drink canned soft drinks on and off though not excessively...maybe once or twice a week at most. I never have any problems. Though maybe the energy drinks have a lot more in them than other fizzy soft drinks. The effects today were very aggressive.
    I struggled bathing the boys and getting them to bed. I could hardly stand up the room was spinning so badly. I'm ok sitting or lying. I hope I'm ok by the morning, I have to drive to get to work! I have felt very ill this afternoon. I will be more careful about what I eat and drink from now on :)

watch the chinese takeaways hon, full of nasty msg that may aggrivate things again, hooray for your son winning a race!!!
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Happy birthday!
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Birthdays and holidays are pretty challenging during this recovery. One thing Cindy once suggested to me was to just save them and make a commitment to celebrate them later when you feel well.

But, good for you for treating yourself on your birthday!

The alienation thing is tricky. This severe illness does tend to make a lot of relationships drop away. With some of them, that’s a good thing, and you will get better from the meds, and be a wiser person for going through this, and might choose some different people in the future. I’ve also heard of people coming out of the w/d era and salvaging some of the lost relationships.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Oops, I somehow missed the "birthday" part of your post, Hermi. Happy, happy birthday! I can see that, in post 8, Stan is having great party time already.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.