Thread: A message for Luc

A message for Luc

Hi Luc, glad you are back with us.
    Have you totally recovered now? How are you feeling? Now stay away from evil strawberries!!
    Started on Sertraline 50mg January 2011 (increased to 200mg over a couple of months)
    Started on Risperidone for 'resistant depression' end of Feb 2011
    Stopped Sertraline October 2012
    Started Mirtazipine October 2012
    Stopped Mirtazipine December 2012
    Stopped Risperidone March 2013

Luc tell us more about the reaction you had, is thius the first time you had tried strawberries or just the first time you have reacted to them?

did you have to go to hospital?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Yes, thanks a lot, Hermi, the worst is over. I just need to get back to the "pre-strawberry" state now in terms of riding out the "post-strawberry" symptoms fall-out. :) Every time such a thing happens, CNS needs some time to calm itself. What I mean is that the allergic reaction itself is no longer there, thank God.

In the 70s, there was this comedy horror movie; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_...iller_Tomatoes We just need to slightly change the title now. Ha!

weird you should mention that movie Luc, I had the same thought when I read about your reaction, but thought it would be tactless to mention it.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    Luc tell us more about the reaction you had, is thius the first time you had tried strawberries or just the first time you have reacted to them?

did you have to go to hospital?
    Nope, never had anything similar in terms of strawberries before. It's WD that has caused it all. In my childhood, I would eat tons of them. I didn't go to hospital, but, in the thick of it, I got very close to calling an ambulance as the breathing problems started to get out of hand (respiratory swelling, tremors, etc.) The worst was being stuck between the rock and the hard place - on the one hand, you need the darn oxygen no matter what, on the other, you run the risk of your body reacting badly to whatever they give you in the not yet healed disautonomia and worsening the situation still further. So, I somehow rode it out. But all is well that ends well.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I meant was it the first time you had tried strawberries in w/d?

I think I had eaten them earlier on in WD, but no problems there then.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Ha killer tomatoes...I am a little bit too young to remember that movie! Glad you are feeling better. Its sounds like you almost had a full blown anaphylaxis, you have been very lucky :)
    Started on Sertraline 50mg January 2011 (increased to 200mg over a couple of months)
    Started on Risperidone for 'resistant depression' end of Feb 2011
    Stopped Sertraline October 2012
    Started Mirtazipine October 2012
    Stopped Mirtazipine December 2012
    Stopped Risperidone March 2013