Thread: WD weather forecast

Cool WD weather forecast

Does it impact you? If yes, to what degree? Temperature? If too high, too low. How about air pressure? And, if the symptoms worsen for you, which those would be?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

hit and miss, sometimes the sunny weather makes my symptoms worse, and sometimes better, sometimes the sun raises my spirits a little and sometimes I am furious it dares to be sunny when I am so ill, and also sometimes the sun makes me feel more keenly what I am missing...

im not sure, how about you Luc?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

High temperatures make it much worse, especially getting exposed to sun - more than 20-30 secs with no shade automatically triggers the symptoms in my case.

I love the sun. Shame we don't have a lot more of it here. The sun makes me feel happy. I hate being cold, this makes me feel fed up. These are my natural reactions. As for my symptoms I haven't noticed if changes are due to weather changes..I never realised that the weather could affect symptoms! The weather has been up and down, my symptoms too...if that is related or not I don't know. Just give me more sunshine!
    Started on Sertraline 50mg January 2011 (increased to 200mg over a couple of months)
    Started on Risperidone for 'resistant depression' end of Feb 2011
    Stopped Sertraline October 2012
    Started Mirtazipine October 2012
    Stopped Mirtazipine December 2012
    Stopped Risperidone March 2013

I am very much affected by the weather. I find high winds for some reason have me agitated and depressed. Rainy days with high winds worse still. The days when I am in bed and just sad and hopeless. The first nice morning I wake up and feel fine again. My symptoms abated. Tonight there has been a big storm with thunder and lightening and I feel very good! Somehow these storms don't affect me the same way.
    I can't take being hot at all. I feel clausterphobic when hot and get panicky. The sun doesn't bother me unless I start to get hot and prickly..I have been coping with this by wearing a long sleeve white cotton t-shirt while out doing chores. But inside or out, heat and humidity seem to set me off. I become overwhelmed, snappy and angry. It happens quickly and it isn't pretty! :O)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Tonight there has been a big storm with thunder and lightening and I feel very good! Somehow these storms don't affect me the same way.
    Precisely the same for me as far as storms go. Coincidentally, there was a huge storm here yesterday too.

By the way, how do your animals react to storms, Joy? My dog will go onto the balcony straitghtaway and will either sleep amidst the peals of thunders, or will be looking at the lightnings and rain with this funny look on his face...
    Last edited by Luc; 06-26-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Cannot tolerate heat. I am convinced my thermostat does not work. We are in winter here with the heater on and suddenly I am hot. I feel agitated, stressed out, my head begins to increase in the pressure, heart begins to beat fast. I turn the heater off and when I cool down I am much better (but then poor hubby freezes.) If I put on the electric blanket, same thing but with the "prickles" sensation and "itchies" all over my back.

Last summer my legs were aching incredibly bad and I put it down to the heat.

We went from high altitude to low altitude (sea level) and I had severe headaches the whole weekend. Got halfway home (higher altitude) and headache sudenly went away.

Another time we were at high altitude on hols in the van and went up a mountain to a lookout. Halfway up I could sense the increase in head pressure.

I can also sense the increase in head pressure when I do one of my foor exercises, requiring my head to be low down near the floor (cat stretch exercise).

Headaches...the sun gives me headaches. This I have noticed and it doesn't have to be hot so I know its not heat related. I forgot about this until I was stood outside watching my son race in his sports day at school this morning...and the wind was freezing, when the sun came out my headache started again.
    Started on Sertraline 50mg January 2011 (increased to 200mg over a couple of months)
    Started on Risperidone for 'resistant depression' end of Feb 2011
    Stopped Sertraline October 2012
    Started Mirtazipine October 2012
    Stopped Mirtazipine December 2012
    Stopped Risperidone March 2013

Just wanted to talk about the thunder storms, probably saying something here that everyone already knows, but it also ties in with my full moon post....

thunder storms create lots of negative ions, which are well known for being good for people in withdrawal, coincidentally the full moon radiates plenty of positive ions, which could be why people feel worse potentially....

other good sources of negative ions are

Water waves and waterfalls

Water evaporation produced by forests or gardens

Photosynthesis

Summer rains

Sunny weather

Fresh Snow

Thunder Storms
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Interesting, Caroline!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit