View Poll Results: Did you have allergies prior to starting ADs/on ADs/in WD?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seasonal

6 46.15%
  • Food

2 15.38%
  • Soaps, lotions, cosmetics

0 0%
  • Pet

1 7.69%
  • Other

2 15.38%
  • Seasonal

1 7.69%
  • Food

1 7.69%

0 0%
  • Pet

1 7.69%
  • Other

1 7.69%
  • A little better than before ADs?

1 7.69%
  • Much better than before ADs?

1 7.69%
  • A little worse than before ADs?

0 0%
  • Much worse than before ADs?

0 0%
  • Seasonal

1 7.69%
  • Food

2 15.38%

0 0%
  • Pet

0 0%
  • Other

1 7.69%
  • A little better than before ADs?

0 0%
  • Much better than before ADs?

0 0%
  • A little worse than before ADs?

2 15.38%
  • Much worse than before ADs?

3 23.08%
  • No allergies

3 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Poll No. 16 - Allergies

Poll No. 16 - Allergies

Options 1-5 "prior to starting ADs"
    Options 6-14 "on ADs"
    Options 15-23 "in WD"

Please, tell us more in your post what pollen, food, etc. you have been allergic to.

Ps Important update - the new 24 option has been added - the "no allergies"; if possible, in your post, please specify to which time period (pre-drug, on drug, post-drug) it would apply.
    Last edited by Luc; 06-24-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Well, in my case it's definitely strawberries... There might be more of it, just need more time to figure this out better.

mine is wheat intolerance which has been much the same prior to, on a/ds and in withdrawl.However my sinuses have suffered greatly since i stopped ssri's

no allergies before or during and now im not sure but im trying to keep my histamine low...the only really obvious reaction i have had was after the kids party a few weeks ago when I had akathisia for 36 hours, I blame the pickles I was eating but it could have been over stimulation
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Pre ADs: I had some seasonal allergy mainly as a kid. I had forgotten about that as it ended a long time ago on it's own. It wasn't every summer but sometimes.

On citalopram 1st time: noticed nothing.

1st WD: Two cases of swollen lymph nodes (I'm guessing that's what it was.. never did anything to it, I was already so messd up I believed everything was from the stress of the sudden anxiety disorder and depression I had developed) One or both sides of my neck swelled and swallowing was a bit painful and I looked dumb but nothing serious. I think once it was triggered by eating a salad (may or may not have been tuna salad) and second time after eating a tuna steak. Might've been that or anything else in the dish...

Second time on citalopram: First nothing, but after a few months sinus congestion which got worse and worse during the military time. I had my sinuses punctured twice (don't recommend) and oh yeah!, I also had a reaction to the anesthesia. The first time the doctor screwed up and missed a bit and I started bleeding from both nostrils and was fainting. I lost my vision and said 'I'm going to fall'. I was pushed away in a wheelchair sort of semi-conscious and had to lie down for about 30 minutes. The anesthesia drug was in my throat and I could not swallow or feel my face so I had to lean over the side of the bed and throw up all that blood and mucus. Lol.. good times. At least I got a few days off service. It wasn't that bad. But unexpected for sure, I don't know if it was ssri related or what. I had the same reaction the second time when the operation went much smoother. Started losing vision and had to lie down. The doctor said it was psychological but idk, I didn't feel nervous or anything. Who knows.
    I was sick in the army with this sinusitis for 6 months straight. I can't believe how much mucus the body can produce. I tried everything. Whenever I had the home visiting days I went straight to the health shops and bought anything and everything that could help. I did all the rinsing with a neti pot etc but nothing helped for long. Tried all kinds of steam inhaling things . I had 4 courses of antibiotics which did absolutely nothing. It developed into bronchitis a few times and I had to sleep semi sitting because the mucus draining down my throat and coughing kept me awake. I did not understand why I was not getting better.. sure it was the army and everyone was sick there but only me and a few others were so chronically ill. When my service came to end I questioned if maybe the citalopram was behind it.. so I chucked away that 2.5 thinking well it's not even a therapeutic dose, whatever.
    Bam, hell. But at least my sinuses drained! I only realized this afterwards when the drug kicked in and at the same time the congestion came back. This was last July.. and it's been waxing and waning in intensity but getting better the lower I go. I still wake up most mornings with a tiny bit of congestion but it quickly clears. I don't know if I should copy a post from PP? A few months ago it got really bad again and I was questioning if I had hayfever and I was considering seeing an allergist. When I cut out all wheat and dairy and started eating more strictly it got better, so I've just kept doing that.
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

I forgot to mention corticosteroid nasal sprays and pseudoephedrine capsules, again not my choice but standard army practice. These helped for a while but then it would come back, sometime 2x worse. I'm definitely all for the holistic ways of treatment now...
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

I had seasonal hayfever before and was much imroved on a/d's
    I don't recall having cat allergies before, but then did while on a/d's when we got 2 kittens.
    I think I still have the cat allergy - only notice when I visit people with cats which is rarely.

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    I have had seasonal allergy since early childhood.Worse since I stopped Paxil.
    Since childhood: aspirin allergy.I had angioneuro-edema (Quincke's oedema).
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

penicillin allergy prior to a/d's and still am allergic to it. Lactose intolerance since w/d. Nothing else noticed yet.
    Started on Sertraline 50mg January 2011 (increased to 200mg over a couple of months)
    Started on Risperidone for 'resistant depression' end of Feb 2011
    Stopped Sertraline October 2012
    Started Mirtazipine October 2012
    Stopped Mirtazipine December 2012
    Stopped Risperidone March 2013

Ah, just remembered that I have had Lactose intolerance on drugs and in WD. Didn't have it prior to the drugs.