Thread: Stuck and Very scared - Need help

Stuck and Very scared - Need help

Im still having lots of infections despite raising my vitamin C to even 1500mg a day (Maybe too quickly) It doesnt do anything, plus it gives me bad GI problems

My dental infection came back, i have the flu for over a week and the doctor said i have a sinus/respiratory infection.

They wanted to give me Chlarithromycin so i said no ways, so now its between Clindamycin and Aerithromycin.... Anyone have an opinion on this as i need an answer. I am dead scared of antibiotics as I havent had good experiences with them. Please can someone help me.

im so sorry NH, I have looked at both antibiotics and at least they are not quiniwhaatsit ones, have you ried searching for those terms on the other forums to see if they have come up?

thinking of you
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Hi NH...I don't believe in taking antibiotics unless its absolutely needed. Dr's very often hand them out like sweets anyway. I cannot answer about the antibiotics...each medicine is different for every person. You have to weigh up the risk of side effects against the risk of not taking them. It's a fine balance. Chest and sinus infections very often clear up on there own, I don't know how bad these infections are for you. The dental one may be a bit more tricky to clear up without treatment.
    Antibiotics will do naff all for flu anyway. Only you know how you feel...what are your thoughts??? Did you mean azithromycin or erythromycin??

Clindomycin will treat your dental infection but it commonly causes GI problems such as diarrhoea and nausea. Erythromycin the same potential effects but will be good for your chest infection, although if its flu it won't do anything for that. Azithromycin is good for ear nose and throat infections, though the potential stomach upsets are still there with any antibiotic. Basically all of them could treat all of your infections.
    Have you had these antibiotics before? What about taking a smaller dose and seeing what happens? Its hard to know until you do it.
    Let us know how you get on xx
    Started on Sertraline 50mg January 2011 (increased to 200mg over a couple of months)
    Started on Risperidone for 'resistant depression' end of Feb 2011
    Stopped Sertraline October 2012
    Started Mirtazipine October 2012
    Stopped Mirtazipine December 2012
    Stopped Risperidone March 2013

unfortunately i am a little lost with infections, i live with a permanent chronic left sinus infection, and discovered i have lung bronchitis since a while and night it makes noises cracking, i live with, doing nothing; i have tried to clean sinus by surgery but it has no success
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Did you look into the sulfa drugs?

Did you look into a buffered Vit. C?

1500 mg Vit C is just not going to be enough to make a big difference. It will help, but you probably won’t see a noticeable difference until you get to around 3000. This *is* the long-term solution. In the short-run, do look into the sulfa drugs.

Try to get as much sleep as you can. That’s the best way to beef up your immune system. Add naps.

You will start to see some progress. It *is* going to get easier. Some day, you will hardly remember this.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Also, I had chronic tonsillitis for a long time in w/d and I got in the habit of gargling twice a day with hydrogen peroxide *and* twice a day with salt water. That helped keep things under control.

Sending prayers for some relief for you soon!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I didnt take any antibiotics. My dental infectin cleared up by itself. 100%. So im happy. My sinus is still a problem, but it also feels much better. My flu feels almost gone. I guess sometimes it is better to just do nothing and wait.

Thanks for all the advise guys. I can take Azithromycin without any problems, so if the sinus infection doesnt clear up ill have to take it as sinus infections are not something to play around with.

I just pray to God everyday that i heal

I see that some days can cure some infection without meds, it is a better thing, so the body destroys himself the diseases attack, then you will have a "natural" immunity against; the best way, but all cannot be cured by this way, unfortunately
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by Needinghelp View Post
    I didnt take any antibiotics. My dental infectin cleared up by itself. 100%. So im happy. My sinus is still a problem, but it also feels much better. My flu feels almost gone. I guess sometimes it is better to just do nothing and wait.
    That is really great to hear, Needinghelp. And that is the power of the human body.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.