Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ativan problems ..

Ativan problems ..

Hello,
    I have been thinking of tapering my 2.25mg of Ativan, because it does not cover anymore,
    and creates debilitating symptoms.
    I dose 5 times daily ( 0.5) mg every 4.5 hours, and I use the .25 mg before sleep at 9:30 pm.
    My dilemma is, is that while there are no issues at night other than sinus problems which interfere with my breathing, there are symptoms that show up, after I take the second dose at 10:30 am.
    Symptoms such as heart palps, head pressure, restlessness, dizziness, unsteadiness come calling, becoming unbearable and debilitating as time goes on.
    The symptoms abate around 8.00 pm to some extend.
    I was told ( by an angel.) that perhaps there is Tolerance WD during the night, as I go 8-9 hours without dosing, and that I should be stable before any tapering plans.
    What I am confused about is why the severe symptoms after dosing during the day.
    I would be grateful for any thoughts, or if anyone has gone through this with a benzo, and how it was solved.
    Thank you very much for reading this, and for any input.
    Wishing everyone hurting, wellness and healing.
    biscotaki

Hello Bisco.

Have I read the Ashton Manual and benzobudies? In benzobuddies have plans to withdraw benzobuddies
    Some time ago that you want the ativan tapering. Maybe you should follow your intuition, and begin the withdrawal ...
    The problem is that having two drugs implicated, do not know which of the two drugs cause you problems (antidepressants or benzo), or both.
    According to testimonies that I have read, when there is tolerance, many people do not stabilize from cut to cut.
    Bisco, look,, this is what I mean:

If you are unfortunate enough to develop Relative Withdrawal symptoms, you will not gain relief through stabilising your dose. If you experience withdrawal symptoms before starting your taper - that is to say, Relative Withdrawal symptoms - all you can do is withdraw at a sensible taper rate. If once you have started your taper you then develop withdrawal symptoms, it can be difficult to determine if you are suffering withdrawal symptoms because your withdrawal is too rapid, or if it is the result of developing Relative Withdrawal. If you experience no relief after stabilising your dose for some time, you have probably developed Relative Withdrawal symptoms. In this unfortunate situation, all you can do is continue to taper off at a reasonable and tolerable rate.

Copied and pasted from benzobuddies, because I have difficulty with the language, lol

Big hug,
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Thank you dearest Parox, I always appreciate your help.
    I do have a schedule from BB, but I have been worried to start tapering because, of the bizzare symptoms that happen after I dose. These make me unstable.
    I had not seen the text you included ..Thank you ..I feel that I am between a rock and a hard place.
    How do I become stable, to start the taper?
    Sending you many hugs :) biscotaki

Did you try postponing the 10:30 am dose for a couple of hours? Then, push all the other doses back? Then, take one in the night if necessary?

<< poor bisco juggling Ativan doses and times????
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Oooh, I do not want to be poor bisco.:(
    This is very frustrating already ..:(
    The idea is to get stable, and include dosing the night ..
    Will figure something ..
    Thank you Sheila ..I appreciate you very much always ..biscotaki

from a french"canoe" sante about ativan:
    Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur:

disorders of thought (of disorientation, irrational beliefs, or loss of sense of reality);
    of anxiety;
    behavioral changes (eg, aggressiveness, tantrums.)
    blurred vision or other vision changes;
    changes in appetite;
    changes in libido or sexual ability;
    constipation;
    of diarrhea;
    a dry mouth;
    a false sense of well-being;

beats rapid and irregular heart;
    headache;
    increased salivation;
    memory problems;
    muscle spasms;
    muscle weakness;
    of nausea or vomiting;
    urinary problems;
    rash;
    chills;
    unusual bleeding or bruising;
    unwonted excitement, a state of nervousness or irritability;
    unusual tiredness or weakness;
    yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin.

Stop taking the medication and seek immediate medical attention if it occurs as a response:

difficulty breathing;
    chest pain;
    convulsions (seizures);
    hallucinations;
    skin rash or itching;
    swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.

my opinion is benzo and antidepressants are the same, the taper are similar, i made my paxil taper on Ashton manual benzo, i never stabilize as i had more and more side effects or tolerance, because in France i find nothing about;
    one rule is to go very slowly, it cannot be with only good days, all people have bad days, you can stop when you want,
    i would make me a first goal: reach half dose and stay to see several weeks, then i would reconsider a new goal
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Hi Bisco,

I think Stan gave you good advice. Maybe try reducing halfway. The first cut to half the dose is usually more "easy", and to the contrary, the last cuts more "difficult".
    Between cuts I never got an complete stabilization. I did reductions of 10 or 15 days, and, as with the SSRIs are some cuts that are easier than others.

You have to assess whether it is appropriate time to make a very small reduction, and go observing the symptoms (if they are more or less tolerable). Remember always benzo reduction will cause withdrawal symptoms, important thing is that symptoms are manageable.

Hug,
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

You are both wonderful ..Thank you for your help and care ..
    I worry, because I become symptomatic during the day, right after dosing.
    My feeling is that my body is saying it does not want this medication.It was the same with AD 'S ..
    My breathing slows, my BP is decreased, plus a host of other symptoms.
    Some info says to become stable before tapering ..Stan and Parox say that you did not become stable, which seems to be me ..And so I worry what to do ..:(
    Thank you again., for always being there to guide me ..Sending blessings and love ..
    Biscotaki

That’s really good you don’t want to be “poor bisco”! Let’s call you Bold Bisco instead!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

my advice is not to cut at half in one time and see; it is to follow the 10 % rule every 2 weeks until reaching half pill dose(or best liquid), and then reconsider the suite
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish