Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Mona's desperate journey

I don’t know if this will give you any new answers, but it will at least validate your sense of how important the gut is and how much it has been affected by these meds –

http://neuroscienceandpsi.blogspot.c...nteric_27.html

I think probiotics help, but they didn't help enough for me either. You might try taking digestive enzymes with food. (If you take them without food they apparently become a detox.) A good, plant-based one is Standard Process Zymex II.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hi Mona. I am 10 months off too (Today). Its Bela from PP. I know what you are going through, i am also getting worse, not better. It looks like things get worse for a few months before they start to get better. You are not alone in this. We will get through this, together! Dont loose hope

what a wonder ful messge NH, if only we could listen to our own advice eh? I know I have said this before but isnt it strange how we truely belive in other peoples healing but not our own. xxx
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Thanks guys. Sheila, I'm ordering some digestive enzymes today and hope they'll help.
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

Okey-dokey. I’m really hopeful that if you take them with food it will ease your gut. Please let us know.

Also, Luc has had some success with apple cider vinegar for gut, I think.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

ACV is very good and for many things. Really worth trying out in your case, Mona. You may want to have a look at this site; http://earthclinic.com/ Lots of great remedies there.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

My stomach ache is improved today but has been replaced by lower back pain. Do others have roving pain in their bodies? I looked up apple cider vinagar and it seems to encourage weight loss and lessen appetite which is the last thing I need as I'm already 10 lbs underweight. Luc, what did you use it for?
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

Oh, yeah, roving pain is very common – sometimes it’s clearly muscular, sometimes it’s more mysterious. Comes and goes. Gets better. :)

-- Holger Kalweit

Things seem to be getting worse for me, although I never thought that was possible. I've been shaking all day and the internal tremors are almost unendurable. Tried the digestive enzymes but think they made it worse. I bought an easy crossword book and even trying to complete one sent my anxiety through the roof. Tomorrow I'm going to stop all supplements for a couple of weeks and see what happens. Then I will reintroduce them one at a time. I'm still trying to taper the valium but haven't changed dosage in a week so don't think thats the problem. Maybe I should up the dosage a bit and see if it helps.

Am feeling so desperate. Things still improve a bit after 8PM but not as much as a couple of months ago. Sleep has been very poor. I just don't know what to do. I want to cry but nothing happens.
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

Aww, Mona, sounds horrible. I'm so sorry. Yes, it could be the digestive enzymes if they activated any detox process or simply changed how your gut works in any way. For example, if they increased your absorption, then it would be like increasing all your supplements. I don't know.

When did you notice that things started getting worse? And when did you start the digestive enzymes? And did anything else happen -- change of weather, you received news, fight with husband, virus, etc?

When I was really bad years ago, crossword puzzles would sometimes trigger me because I had scary associations to so many words! You might try sudoku which has less meaning and associations.

Hmm, I just noticed you tapered the valium a week ago. That could really be your culprit. You're not necessarily going to get a reaction to a drop instantly.

-- Holger Kalweit