Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Mona's desperate journey

Iggy, you positive thinking dick...
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

That’s an unusually high ratio of EPA/DHA to total fish oil! OK, I wrote it down.

It’s so hard to watch other people go through the rites of passage as we stay stuck in this bizarre ordeal. But, yes, it is “only” 11.5 months since your last SSRI, and Tina reminds us you *are* going through benzo w/d. So, although there is every reason to be angry and miserable, there is no reason to despair. You’re still in the middle of healing, and you *are* going to keep healing. You really are.

Moui -- :)
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by mona View Post
    My capsules are 1,250 mg fish oil, 1000 mg epa+dha per. I was taking 2 each day but this week went down to 1. I have some less powerful capsules and will start adding them back next week.

Today was another very bad day. It's now 3PM and it usually begins to improve about 4 or 5 but I haven't had a simicalm evening in two weeks. I think of myself as almost 14 months off paxil but in reality I did try zoloft and celexa for a month so It only been 11.5 months since I ceased all ssri drugs. I don't know if that means anything in terms of recovery, but likely there's a lot more suffering ahead.

My cousin just wrote that she is expecting her third grandchild. I honestly can't imagine ever being able to tolerate the presence of a small child. I can't even imagine being able to attend my son's wedding (fortunately there isn't one planned at this time). I spent 20 years as a florist and always assumed that when he married I'd be able to do the flowers and it makes me sad to realize that I likely won't be able to. Yesterday I was able to go to the grocery store but today I couldn't have managed it, so some days are better than others. Must hold onto that for hope.
    I am so sorry today was another bad day. I am glad there are some days that are better than others, although I know those days aren't exactly fun either. I think you are right though - hold onto that for hope. I think it is a good sign that there is some change there, even if it is small - that must mean something, that the body is recovering albeit way slower than we would like.
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper

You slept 6 hours???!!OMG! I can't sleep 1hr straight for my life!!

Sending you healing vibes Mona.
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

Quote Originally Posted by Moui View Post
    Iggy, you positive thinking dick...
    LOL!!!!!!

Mona, are you 1oo% sure about the epa/dha? Im not doubting you but on mine it says 1000mg fish oil 900 dha/epa but on further investigation thats based on taking 3 pills per day, if you are not sure then try to post a link to the fish oil and we can double check it for you!?

xxxxx
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Caroline, these are my capsules: Nutrigold Triple Strength Omega-3 Gold (1,060 mg Omega-3s per softgel), 1250 mg, 180 softgels
    by Nutrigold

Tina, I am still on a very low dosage of valium but haven't changed it in weeks.

Alex, so sorry your sleep is still terrible. I still have nights wnen I only sleep for an hour or less but most nights I'm able to sleep 4 to 6 hours. Unfortunately it is in intervals of two hours or less but if I stay in bed long enough it adds up.

Thank you Sheila and Shel. My days are dreadful lately but last night I did have a very good phone conversation with an old friend. He is a caring and generous person but simply can't help but believe that if I go to enough doctors someone can cure me. I just tell people I've stopped going to doctors because I don't have health insurance although that's not the only reason. I'd put myself in debt forever if I really thought the medical system could help me. My last Doctor's visit was two months ago when I spent $500 with a MD/naturopath only to have him give me 300 mg lithium as a supplement. I tried one dose with negative results so didn't return for the followup. Turns out lithium effects serotonin even in small dosages. I'd tried to explain to him that I was sensitive to any serotonergic drugs.
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

huh! yes you were 100% right about your omega 3, thats some strong fish oil! Not that I doubted your ability to read lol, just crazy though Ive never heard of such stong ones!

thinking of you, my god how I wish this could be over for all of us
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Hi Mona,
    I was just reading your thread, and am saddened that you are going through a tough time ..:(
    Thinking of you, and wishing you wellness and healing.
    Hugs,
    biscotaki

Ha ha! I double checked, and that is, indeed, a 1 pill = 1 serving brand. A very high dose pill! We have fish oil envy!

Jeez, it is so frustrating that people just don’t get that MDs can’t do anything about this and are likely to make things worse.

So, you tried a dose of lithium a couple of months ago. I suspect it would be best if you didn’t try any more psych meds. Not just the serotonergic ones. I think you’ve reached the point where your system is sensitized and you can’t tolerate any of them, and trying them will only set you back.

I know the desire to *do* something is unbearable. Are you doing any relaxation or breathing exercises or meditation?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hi Sally,

I just read in Iggy's journal that you feel like things are worsening for you. I am so sad to read this. I have read so many stories on these sites where people do experience a worsening of symptoms before a wave so I am really hoping this is the case for you. You have been hanging on so bravely. I am hopeful you are going to get a much deserved window soon.

Thinking about you,
    Michele
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper