Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rural life

Hi Sheila,...LOL, "flexible, collaborative boundary system"...I love that sentence! It seems to be working although we had to put rings in the snouts of 2 pigs because of the rooting. They are doing fine with it..a little body piercing. I was more upset then they were about it!

I hope I get inkling about what do do in the future. We are struggling to come up with some ideas to get the farm to make money without to much investment. My partners health hasn't been good for the last couple of months so fencing and some of the heavier things have to wait this year. I think writing my updates are helping me appreciate what I have. I do so enjoy the animals. Today we were out driving and I realized that it is quite lovely around here. Just a different type of land than we had in Ontario. I have calmed down and feel more contented now. We bought a few more things for the garden and I hope to get some of that done tomorrow. Everything happens slowly here as both of us are a little worn down right now. But I have learned that if I can force myself to get out and do something even if it is a struggle, I benefit from it. Just seeing an accomplishment spurs me on to want to do more. Tomorrow I want to put together a planter and put a couple of things in the garden and just spend some times outdoors in the fresh air. Thank you for the encouragement Sheila. xox

Thank you Luc and Parox!

Joy, you are going about this just right! Don’t push yourself too hard, but don’t give up and do nothing either. Keep noticing what you like, what you’re drawn to. That’s really important – really make note of what you enjoy. Then follow that trail of bread crumbs, and something will emerge – possibly slowly and step by step, possibly all of a sudden – that you want to do.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Joy, you are going about this just right! Don’t push yourself too hard, but don’t give up and do nothing either. Keep noticing what you like, what you’re drawn to. That’s really important – really make note of what you enjoy. Then follow that trail of bread crumbs, and something will emerge – possibly slowly and step by step, possibly all of a sudden – that you want to do.
    This advice resonates with me. I wish I had that kind of input years and years ago. Simple but profoud..I thought alot about this after I read it last night. Thank you.

Joy, i lived in country 20 years, for working i lived in Paris or near 40 years, i think the country life is the better when we can with our money;
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    i think the country life is the better when we can with our money;
    Stan, Great truth!,
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

I agree that it is wonderful to live in the country. It can be peaceful. You use to live in Paris? That brings all sorts of lovely images to mind! When I was in my 20's I lived in Toronto, Ontario and I loved living in the city. I always knew the roads that were pretty yet not too busy to keep me away from the busiest parts.
    But it always comes back to money and what someone can afford. We struggle here because of low income...it makes things much more difficult.

i lived in Paris several years, and now near Paris because of expensivity these last years, i was born in a small city and lived all my childhood there, it was better than to live in Paris, then, for money, i came to Paris; Paris is beautiful but if you spent no money, it is sad because each step you have to pay;
    today retired and sick, it would be better to go to a small city, once i will improve 100%, in a few weeks i think,
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Look what I found!

[thanks to Stan, The Emoticon Hunter]

Hey, Joy, did you ever see the sitcom “Green Acres”?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Is Stan travelling to some parallel universes to be able to find those emoticons? :) They are great!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi Sheila,
    Ha,ha..great find Stan..I love the animantions. Thank you for sharing it Sheila.
    I haven't checked my thread for awhile. Sorry.
    Yes, I grew up watching Green Acres! That is sort of what it is like here...ha,ha..

The summer is here and it is hot and humid many days. Probably not as hot as it is in California Sheila but Manitoba hot. Everything has come to life here. The fields are beautiful and lush. There is yellow fields of canola. The leaves on the tress give some break to the flat ground that looks so barren in the dead of winter.

I am enjoying the pigs more than ever..they do this party trick where they run to greet me and fall at my feet..dead asleep! In a coma, ha,ha..I have some pics I will attach. They just love to be fussed. They like us to take off the ticks and do the inside of their ears especially. When I call they run to me as fast as their little feet will take them. They are not big fat pigs but 'fit' pigs! They range around sleeping under the deck, in the barn or with the horses..wherever their little hearts desire. Two of them have figured out the stairs to the porch by the front door. Going down isn't pretty.. They are always dirty..who could know?? They have found a place to roll in the mud and do it frequently. But when I get home from being out and they all come close to me for a group hug, i forget that...until I look down and see their dirt marks all over my pants. Worth it though. The first picture below, I just removed myself from and grabbed the camera. I sat on the step and they came over to greet me and big pig, pushed up against me and feel asleep in the sun. Then one of the smaller ones joined ..however, they look like they were hitting the bucket hard before I got there. Sheesh, piggy rehab is needed. Enjoy.

If anyone wants to add their own stories or pictures to this thread I am very good with it. So feel free to post if you are moved to.