Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rural life

Joy, what a great start with all of your different critters. And in many ways, you really didn't have to work at it, in part, everyone just showed up.

Thanks for your effort in explaining and sharing the histories and showing photos of many of the gang.

I think all of us here will look forward to hearing updates about the antics and progress of the clan as time goes on.

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." -- Nietzsche

Do the horses and dogs get on well together, Joy?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi Barbara,
    Thank you for your message. Things have had an interesting way of working out over this last year and am grateful the animals showed up.
    I appreciate your encouragement. I hope others will share their stories too. I also think animals can be very therapeutic.

Luc, The dogs are thrilled with the horses...the horses not so much. Ha,ha. I don't trust the horses around the dogs. The horses seem to be very territorial.
    I found it funny when we first got Toby and the horses. Both new to us. Toby had lived on a farm before and was bouncing beside me so happy to take out the horse feed every morning and night. Even when it was -37, there was Toby waiting by the door. What I didn't know was that he wanted a job to do. After emptying the feed he would pick up the bucket and carry it back to the gate. It was hilarious until he learned to carry it correctly because he couldn't see over it. It is a 4L pail. At the gate he waited patiently and then ran back to the house with it. Stopping to lick out the molasses stuck to the sides. He was so happy with himself it was unbelieveable. This became his job. Recently, we have changed this and he isn't happy. I want the dogs to stay out of the pasture. So he waits faithfully outside the gate and rarely moves a muscle.
    The dogs also love the pigs. They run into the barn and greet them and the pigs gather around nibbling at their collars. They tire of the game and leave.
    The horses attacked the pigs when they were let out in the pasture so we have had to put them back in the barn until we feel well enough to put up some more fencing. The pigs run to the horses like a magnet. Sometimes chaos does happen here.

Ha ha! That’s hilarious that the cat trounced the dog in the next moment. I had been projecting that the cat was flirting with the dog.

Beware of second-guessing and regrets in w/d – these are common neuro-emotions. Now, sometimes we do need to improve on past decisions, but it’s hard to tease out in w/d.

But don't you think that everyone that is brave enough to take on the challenge of addressing the medication w/d issues has been progressive..already seeking to transform? They are ready and open to seeing things in a new light which is maybe how change happens.
    Yes, I do. I have quite mystical beliefs about this whole phenomenon. I believe most people taking on w/d are meant to do it for greater reasons than we know. And virtually every single person who goes through w/d has their eyes opened in some way, but some people have their eyes opened in a very big way.

I am a cat lover, but my cats have died of old age, and I am “between cats,” waiting for the cosmic call to come.

OMG – that is so sweet about Toby!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Ha ha, Parox! Joy, maybe you *should* try to connect with the ticks! Use your mind to tell them to go away!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hi Sheila,

Your view on withdrawal is interesting. "Meant to do it for greater reasons than we know"...hmm, maybe it can be the catalyst of further changes for us. I find it hard to understand the meaning of it for myself right now. I do hope some greater understanding comes out of it, or higher purpose.

When you are ready you will find the purrfect kitty for you.

Now, you made me laugh when you looked at the picture of the cat and dog and saw them smiling at each other..so I am going to post a couple of the next pictures I took at that time. They were sizing each other up.

Attachment 0

HA,HA,HA, I am using my mind to tell them something a little stronger than that! You make me laugh! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    The dogs also love the pigs. They run into the barn and greet them and the pigs gather around nibbling at their collars.
    I like it!

Post 16 - epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Stan,
    The picture you have up..was that your dog?
    Joy
    yes, he is 10/11 year old now and happy in a garden, has no more stairs to walk
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish