Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Better by day-time,worse by night

benzo destroy sleep pattern, at the beginning they seem helping and with time they fire the sleep(as antidepressants do) , there is a rebound phenomenon after taking a pill, i read it on many forums; personaly i took benzo on demand the last year before tapering, i had always to take more for anxiety
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Alex – Have you made any changes in the last two weeks? Activities, supplements, events, habits?
    No, as a matter of fact I am doing MUCH better during the day...maybe I have to give it time?

Oh! I have to say, I am going through a very stressful moment right now, and despite this, my anxiety levels are lower, but disrupted sleep is bad.
    Sometimes I`m able to go back to sleep, sometimes it`s harder.
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

Well, the fact that you are doing *much* better in the day suggests a healing shift in your system. Yay! Which could cause some symptoms to worsen temporarily. And the fact that you’re going through a very stressful moment could, of course, be affecting your sleep. Or it could be both! Sometimes positive changes are stressful and triggering for us too.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I am going through the most extreme disrupted sleep; it is so bad that I wake up every hr or so...
    I have learned to get back to sleep, I don't know how I do this.. it is really scary.
    It is an on and off thing all night... like if I get to sleep at 12, at 1am I wake up;back to sleep,2am, wake up;back to sleep,3am, wake up, etc....It is crazy.

I "prepare" myself to sleep with herbal tea, Melatonin, Valerian, but the on and off pattern still the same since November that insomnia started.
    This is very terrifying "syndrome"
    It is ironic because by day, I'm handling things better....
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

I feel terrible during the day and much much worse at night time. Especially my DR is much worse. Why is this? I also noticed that i cant see in the dark anymore. Anyone had this and recovered or gotten better?
    02/2008-10/2010 - Citalopram 20mg
    10/2010-05/2012 - Paxil 20mg (1 Month quick Taper)
    15-18/07/2012 - Prozac 20mg
    21-22/07/2012 - Cymbalta 30mg SEVERE ADVERSE REACTION
    27/07/2012-13/08/2012 - RI Paxil 5mg
    14/08/2012 - Free from all Psychotropics

Currently tappering off the Birth Control Pill. On 3/4 as of 16/07/2013

i feel bad when going in light or in dark(dizzy, equilibrium in head)
    for me the derealization comes in waves, with different intensity, sometime it is gone because i forget it, it is linked with stress, fatigue; since 4 years, the feeling is often less intense
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

NH – People have different daily patterns. It probably has something to do a normal cycle of yours being exaggerated – like cortisol being too high or something.

W/d affects vision in all sorts of ways *temporarily*. BTW, Omega-3, specifically DHA, is excellent for vision.

Alex -- I'll respond on your other thread.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit