Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Better by day-time,worse by night

Better by day-time,worse by night

Hi everybody;I have been noticing a significant improvement in anxiety and "organic" fear overall.
    But the last few nights I have experienced a worsening regarding disrupted sleep.I wake up many times during the night, and last night I had awful nightmares and fearful wake-ups.This is very discouraging because I`ve been able to handle it for the last months I`m 10 monnths off Effexor.
    I did some changes though: I`ve been taking .50mgs Melatonin for the last few nights...
    The waking up I`m used to but the nightmares and fear??? Is it a wave?
    Last night I watched terrible scenes from World War Two...could it be it?? I know is a mistake.

I repeat, during the day, I can notice important improvement, but at night...is another story.
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

That is so good to hear that you are seeing some improvements. It is difficult to know what is causing your sleep worsening. It could be simply a wave. But it definitely could be the scary movie and the change in melatonin.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

i dream nightmares every night, i feel it is the hypernervousness which plays in memory maybe;
    there are waves during days, and also waves during night which are different i think
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

What is most important, the improvement is happening in general, Alex, so your sleep will even out too. It also looks like it may simply be a wave - there could be several easons for it. This way or that, your healing will continue.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I did not take the Melatonin last night;it was bumpy, but w/o the fearful nightmares.
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    What is most important, the improvement is happening in general, Alex, so your sleep will even out too. It also looks like it may simply be a wave - there could be several easons for it. This way or that, your healing will continue.
    Thank you Luc for been here for all of us.

As I`ve posted before, I have seen an important improvement in my symptoms,I almost don`t have any physical symptoms,mine are emotional:anxiety and depression.Floating anxiety and fear has abated a lot.Depression is not that bad, despite my difficult life circumstances, but my sleep really worries me.

I have been helping myself at bed time with herbal teas and a little benzo: 0.25mg for the last 7 months.I`ve been having very disrupted sleep, but able to go back to sleep.In the last 2 weeks, I have noticed that I`m having more trouble going back to sleep.

Ironicaly, I repeat, during the day I`m feeling better.

I really would appreciate any words about sleep and sleep recovery process.

I am about 1 and a half month from my 1st year off.

Well, Alex. I'm concerned about this benzo thing. The decision always belongs to you, but benzo are addictive too. Beating WD with the most natural ways is always the best option. Please, remember me - what benzo are you taking now?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

actually, i feel stronger morning and day, and fatigue and muscles pain worsen as time passes, so at night, i feel 90 years
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Alex – Have you made any changes in the last two weeks? Activities, supplements, events, habits?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit