Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Withdrawal after 17 years on antidepressants

Thank you Luc, but I think it will take some time before the tapering starts.
    My system had to get used to tweaking of doses to cover the 24 hour period.
    It took a bit over two weeks for that phase ..Symptoms were tolerable ..
    Now, introducing the liquid, it will again take time for the system to adopt ..I just hope the reaction is not severe ..
    Then stabilize ..then start tapering ..

Thank you for always being there, and caring Luc.
    Wishing you well being, and to get better soon ..hugs, biscotaki

How are you doing, amani? How is the w/d interacting with the CFS?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hi Sheila.. thanks for checking on me... my physical and mental exhaustion is still really bad..... WD symptoms are not bad... depression, only for few minutes at a time every now and then, and the anxiety is a little bit bad in the morning but it is much better in the afternoon... some days in the afternoons, i just feel the tightness, burning and sinking feeling in chest/stomach for only few seconds and then they are gone... honestly , if i am not feeling too exhausted and my brain is not so overwhelmed by anything and everything, the WD symptoms would be very tolerable - because they are mild now... i can distract myself from them if i am not too tired.....my memory still sucks... the past, even the day before, feel so far away and as if someone else, other than me, lived them...

and how are you doing sheila? i hope you are feeling better and stronger every day...
    have been on antidepressants for more than 17 years.
    Was on zoloft/sertraline 100mg for the last 2-3 years.
    Tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
    reinstating AD:
    march 28: started on 25mg sertraline, took it for 2 days
    april 1: 12.5mg - only for one day
    april 9: started on 2.5mg sertraline
    april 17: increased to 5 mg

WD makes one incredibly exhausted, Amani. It will definitely improve though. The more so as I can see your other symptoms have managed to get better already. Just hang in there.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

So, right now, it sounds like the CFS symptoms – which you’re familiar with from before w/d – are what’s hardest. The identifiable w/d symptoms themselves are manageable. Of course, w/d might be making the CFS even more exhausting.

It’s been a long road for you with the CFS. I really think the meds exacerbated that, and I’m thinking that as you recover from the meds, you may find the CFS improving, too.

I’m doing OK, thanks. Very slowly, I’m improving on every front.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Thank you Luc and Sheila for your encouragement... and this is my hope too, that i will get better, and hopefully better than i was when i taking ADs...

great that you are always seeing improvement Sheila... i am sure that your great attitude and positive thinking has a lot to do with that... keep it up... you are an inspiration to us... you, Luc and all the other people on this site who ... keep on walking....
    have been on antidepressants for more than 17 years.
    Was on zoloft/sertraline 100mg for the last 2-3 years.
    Tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
    reinstating AD:
    march 28: started on 25mg sertraline, took it for 2 days
    april 1: 12.5mg - only for one day
    april 9: started on 2.5mg sertraline
    april 17: increased to 5 mg

Yes, keep on walking, Amani...
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.