Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Withdrawal after 17 years on antidepressants

Thank you so much for the link, Sheila...

yes, i have seen this before, many times, but for some reasons, this is the first time i noticed the correlation to lowered serum zinc level!!! (i have that too)...
    the "CFS doctor", recommended the specific brand of fish oil and the dose (1 g omega3, said that higher doses don't have a bigger effect) that i have been taking for years (did not notice any improvement though), but after reading the info on fish oil on this website i decided to double that dose (well, only double it for now and see how i feel)...it would be GREAT if that helps with the withdrawal symptoms..

also, when i was reading about vitamin C yesterday, i think it was you, who pointed out in one of the threads, that the synthetic form of vitamin D3 does not work...i have not heard of that before, but that would explain why the 5000IU (sometimes 10 000IU) of vitamin D3 that i have been taking for years did not make my symptoms any better!!
    I am going to to stop taking vit D3 at least for the spring and summer and try to sit in the sum every day for 30 minutes :)

not only we can't trust drugs, we can't trust simple vitamins either!!

thanks again for all your help and your words of encouragements, Sheila...
    i hope you are feeling well these days?
    have been on antidepressants for more than 17 years.
    Was on zoloft/sertraline 100mg for the last 2-3 years.
    Tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
    reinstating AD:
    march 28: started on 25mg sertraline, took it for 2 days
    april 1: 12.5mg - only for one day
    april 9: started on 2.5mg sertraline
    april 17: increased to 5 mg

I’m slowly getting better, amani. I’m ultra-frustrated by the pace, but it is definitely happening.

One gram Omega-3 does seem to be protective against various things. But it’s not a repair dose. For neuro repair, you need a lot more, and I would think it would be the same with CFS – especially after many years of being ill.

You might want to go up on the Omega in smaller steps. I guess your brand is one pill = 1050 EPA + DHA? See how it goes when you double it.

If you do more Googling on CFS and Omega-3, please share any interesting findings with us, either on your journal thread or on the Omega-3 thread.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

hello Amani,

i am following your journal, 17 years is several years, as i , you have to have patience, for vitamine C, i am searching nice orange, and change several supermarkets for that, it makes me busy, so i have a goal
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

yes, i am sure, it is frustrating...i don't know how you do it, but you are an inspiration... i wish you all the best in your journey..

omega 3: one pill is 525, i used to take 2 per day, now i am taking 3.. and i am going to wait and see what happens..

sharing info on omega3: for sure.. for now, i am not doing any research, and certainly none on CFS... my biggest and only concern right now is this withdrawal..... i am still struggling with my withdrawal (anxiety, weeping, depression) and the exhaustion and brain fog are much worse (although i can tolerate these better)... so, i am basically resting all the time...
    reinstating AD:

Thanks Stan..
    do you like kiwifruit (they have more vitamin C than oranges)..

yes, you are right.. 17 years is a long time.. i am trying to have patience.. but it is so hard... especially because i am not functional at all... and the future is ... unknown and scary.. like i said to Sheila before, i don't know how you guys are able to do it all ... but i am trying.. i am trying to be patient.....
    reinstating AD:

That’s good you’re doing what you need to do to take care of yourself in w/d.

So, can I just double check – how much EPA and how much DHA is in your one pill?

You are going to be OK, amani. Have you visited our Start-ups, Spirit, and Joe Sent Me sub-forums for inspiration???
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

We're with you all the time, Amani. You will be getting better.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by amani View Post
    Thanks Stan..
    do you like kiwifruit (they have more vitamin C than oranges)..

yes, you are right.. 17 years is a long time.. i am trying to have patience.. but it is so hard... especially because i am not functional at all... and the future is ... unknown and scary.. like i said to Sheila before, i don't know how you guys are able to do it all ... but i am trying.. i am trying to be patient.....
    the kiwi in Paris have periods, and some are so hard and green, so i rarely eat(in summer maybe they are more ripe), actually i do not remember seeing;
    even orange i have to choose, there are better and other not ripe etc; but i never am definitive, one day i awake and will no more buy orange, they will disgust me and i will try another thing such as lemon or kiwi; it is the same for meat, fish, vegetables, i am an extreme person, i cannot fight this, it is me; and the withdrawal has not arranged this,
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    That’s good you’re doing what you need to do to take care of yourself in w/d.

So, can I just double check – how much EPA and how much DHA is in your one pill?

You are going to be OK, amani. Have you visited our Start-ups, Spirit, and Joe Sent Me sub-forums for inspiration???
    sure, one pill has 500mg EPA and 25mg DHA.. i used to take 2 a day.. i tried 4 after I read the threads on Omega3.. but was not feeling well (i doubt it is related to the omega 3) .. but anyways, i decided to take 3 pills per day for now...

I don't think i visited those sub-forums yet (or maybe i did but don't remember) memory is really bad these days... I try to browse whenever i am able to... i will definitely do it soon, thanks Sheila..
    reinstating AD:

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    We're with you all the time, Amani. You will be getting better.
    Thank you Luc... i can't imagine how i would be able to deal with all this if i was alone... without the support and the knowledge of kind people like you.. actually i know, i would have been back on ADs 2 months after i stopped taking them.. Thanks again...
    reinstating AD: