Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Looking for feedback for Blood Pressure Issues

Hi Parox,

Ahhh, Parox, thank you for saying something so kind to me. I appreciate it.

Yes, an apartment block makes it hard to get out with animals. But you can enjoy mine! Tell her she can name the last two. They are both females. One is as tall as my knee now. She is pink with large black patches. The other one is smaller, below the knee and is mostly pink with smaller black patches and dots across the lower back and pink ears. They both love the attention. Tell your daughter if she would like to pick one, I will send her a picture of it periodically and give her some updates about it. She can sort of adopt it or both. Maybe I could send the info. through your direct messages here on IAWP so I can gear it to your daughter?
    This will be fun.
    xox

I love this pig pen pal [pun in there] plan! Great idea, Joy!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Thank you. I think it will be fun. Ha,ha, to your pig pun!! :O)

UPDATE
    I had problems taking the blood pressure medications. I have tried two different ones and ended up weaning off over a couple of days. This was maybe 3-4 weeks ago. I didn't stay on them very long to begin with..perhaps a month and that was characterized with a worsening of w/d symptoms such as speech and great tiredness that had me in bed and depressed. So using the advice I received on this thread and alternative information I began using Apple Cider Vinegar. Also, added 1 large clove of raw garlic during the day.( I am already on Mega 3's, magnesium chloride and vit C. which all support cardio health) as I began to use the ACV, I decreased my BP meds over a few days and got off them. Probably faster than I should have as I experienced some worsening of other symptoms briefly but I wanted them out of my system as I felt like they were poisoning me.
    My BP has continued to go down on the top number!! Today I was at the lowest..127..and it usually sits about 134 this last week. To me this is fantastic!! However..the bottom number is the problem. This I need to work on. Today my BP was 127/97..this was taken after a nap so I was pretty calm. I had had a cup of coffee a few hours earlier. The bottom number has remained 90 and over for a long time. I believe it came down once below 90 while on meds. Any advice? I will research it.
    So far I am please with the results!

Joy – things are heading in the right direction and you are doing many good things. I think you just need to allow more time. But, if you want to to – lean on Max, start some meditation, relaxation, guided visualization, brain wave entrainment.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Joy, I can't be sure if it is just the tapering and less of the drug in my systemr or the very slow taper or he apple cidar vinegar, but I always had BP in the 110's range and it went up to 120 which one would consider normal as you get older, but then in my 30's it went to 130 and then in my 40's to 140 but the doctor said that was quite acceptable and when it went up to 150 is when I crashed at 7mg.

I quite firmly believe it was the w/d because I was not tapering slowly (never knew about it). Since tapering slowly and also including the apple cidar vinegar, it has gone back down to the 120's. (Sometimes it ggoes back to 130's and rarely like the other day down to 102.) Very interesting, I think!

Joy, stop the coffee,
    for me you need no meds, they will only poison you more; if the numbers become more high, you will have to reconsider

12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Hi GrandmaD,
    Imagine..the doctors look at the numbers and see bp within normal range but don't look at the fact that something has caused the numbers to increase as much as they did. It is simply fine until it isn't ...weird thinking to me. I would have been concerned it was increasing steadily..maybe that pointed to something...you would think..sheesh! Doctors frustrate me so much I have lost all faith in them.
    It does sound like the acv may have helped you get bp back under control!

Sheila, I am not a very patient person..can you tell?? ha,ha..I have been spending a little time each day with Max. He is being a doll. I do need to look at medatation..or some thing like that...it is all unknown to me and I need to look up about it all...put it off because it doesn't appeal to me. But I do expect that it would be good to know. I was doing some reading on the brainwave exercises. :O)

Stan, thank you for the chart! That is great. Last night my bp went pretty good...123/87 about 11pm. ...doubt it stayed that way today..a stressful day!
    GIVE UP COFFEE????? reallly???? ha,ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!! I can't see that happening but I appreciate the sediment behind it. I agree with you...I think the bp meds are poison. I am so impressed by the results I am getting keeping it natural. I find it encouraging.

Wow Stan, that chart is excellent. It looks like I am mostly in the normal range. I am going to watch it from now on and see when the headaches occur.

Join the club, Joy, I have no respect for drs anymore either. I should clarify that it was while I was on the 20mg that it went up and up each year to 140 and when I did the 10% taper it went to 150.

Joy, it is so hard to be patient, I know! I just want this over and done with and you probably do too.

When my BP went down real low recently a friend told me to drink a strong coffee (but I didn't because my pulse was 102 and I didn't want to stress my body out even;more) so I wondered afterwards if coffee makes your BP go up for her to suggest that. Sounds like your BP is pretty good now. Are you on medication for it? I have a friend who is on medication and her BP goes up to 160 sometimes! I told her to get off it and she might be better! She won't, though!

I think the problem with coffee is that it is a stimulant, and so that will increase any problems you have in that area. For example, it would probably increase my head & body
    vibes and maybe the head pressure. I ate the first tiny square of chocolate today for the first time in ages and pretty much right away had palpitations!

Positive Update re. blood pressure.
    I have remained off blood pressure pills and was able to bring the numbers down decently. Part of the puzzle was that my potassium was low and over the last week and a half as I have been bringing that up to a suitable level, my blood pressure is now great!
    Today I a doctor's appointment and they did the average of 6 readings. My last reading was the best at 116/79, but the average was 122/82!!! It does bounce up a bit into the 130's at times but generally is pretty good.

I thank all of you that helped me with this problem. The advice to stay away from blood pressure medications if possible was appreciated.
    The last doctor I had was happy to put me on meds for life..and yet when I pointed out that my potassium was low he didn't respond.
    He didn't even consider it as an issue...and that alone brought me down the rest of the way to a good level.
    So advice I would now give to any with BP issues...is have your levels checked for minerals and other relevant things and keep a copy of the results in a file for yourself. Know what your levels are and when they are too high or low have them check out why. Not let it slide as close enough.
    Anyway, thank you all for your help.
    I am very grateful. Without your help to figure this out I would have been feeling at the mercy of doctors pushing meds. Your suggestions and information has proved very valuable.
    Thank you,
    Joy