Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Looking for feedback for Blood Pressure Issues

Please don't eat the birdies, Max! Sweet boy.

Well, that's great they're not Lyme-carrying ticks. And something to look forward to that not every year is this bad.

I think you'll start to feel better from the BP med drop. Just hang on, breathe extra!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hi Sheila,

I wonder about taking a the Q10 enzyme? Apparently that is good for bringing down BP. There was some good ideas, such as putting up potassium slightly to bring down the salt level on a cellular level and Hawthorne. Have you tried either or have any thoughts about how that is while in w/d. Better to stay away from the extra supplements? As I am writing this..that is what I am concluding. :O)

I have problems doing a search on here..that blasted question I somehow seem to get wrong. lol. It just wont accept my answers.

Hope your having a good week.
    Joy

Hi Parox,

How are you? Thank you for the compliment. I have this picture of Max as my screen saver and it makes me smile to look at him. I was outside tonight after several days of hanging around the house and he came over and was more affectionate than usual. I like to think he missed me but it might have been the sweet grain in my pocket.
    He hung around for a long while just soaking up the attention while the mare, Bonnie, said a quick hello and then beat it.
    I am having some Neuro fear around the horses this last week, so having Max quiet tonight soaking up the attention felt good.
    I think you should get a horse..you just might not have as nice of a flower bed...lol.

I agree, it looks like grass cutting is the best way to keep the ticks down although there were some other good ideas in the link from Luc.
    We did have short grass however it rained last night and all day today and it now resembles and everglade.

Hugs,

Joy,

I think the horse will be your medicine. When your mind is occupied with caring and pampering Max and Bonnie, you relax.
    Just out of curiosity, do you have a dog or cat?. I really really like dogs and cats. My daughter (7 years) constantly asks me to get a pet .... But I say that pets need care and attention.

A big hug
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Joy – I don’t know anything about CoQ10, and I have heard we really don’t need potassium supplementation, but I haven’t looked into it deeply. My gut feeling is to not make any more changes. Get used to going down on the BP med, take your Vit. C, keep going up slowly on the Omega-3 – which is great for all cardiovascular.

You’re gonna have some w/d symptoms. You’re not going to be able to get rid of them all. You’re doing very, very well, for having gotten off the monster Effexor recently. I know it’s very, very hard. What about working on the other stuff – meditation, relaxation exercises, breathing, brainwave entrainment?

I’m not sure, but I think you’re using the log in box instead of the search box to search? You shouldn’t be getting a question.

You can also search the site via Google by typing site:antidepressantwithdrawal.info <search term>

I’m *sure* Max has been missing you!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hi Parox,

Max and Bonnie are good medicine, you are right. Yes, we have 2 dogs, and 2 cats. One of the cats was a barn cat when we came here but now is the sweetest thing and runs in when we open the door to let the dogs out. Yes, they do take some work, but the rewards are great. Is life to chaotic to have pets for you now? Knowing when you can handle them is important too. At first it can be difficult but as they fall into a pattern and they just know what to do after that.
    I am going to start up a new thread today in the interests section and I will put up some pictures of them all. I don't know if anyone would be interested in reading about them but they are so much fun. Lately I have not been as appreciative, however, I know I am fortunate and need to remember that. For me, having the freedom to have pets and space to let them run is such a good thing. I guess today I must be feeling better as I am certainly more aware of my appreciation.
    You have a 7 year old daughter? Lovely, how nice. I never had children and when younger, wanted some very badly. But life, being what it is, decides for you sometimes. It was probably thought that I would be better with animals :O) At this age, I am ok with it. But whether through relationships with spouses, children, animals, friends...all of the interactions teach you more about yourself and the world. It is all good. your daughter could help me name the last two piggies?? I would enjoy her help if she was interested.

xox

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I am going to start up a new thread today in the interests section and I will put up some pictures of them all.
    That is a really great idea, Joy.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

That’s so sweet of you, Joy, to invite Parox’s daughter to help name the piglets!

You do sound like you’re feeling a bit more able to enjoy things.

-- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    You’re gonna have some w/d symptoms. You’re not going to be able to get rid of them all. You’re doing very, very well, for having gotten off the monster Effexor recently. I know it’s very, very hard. What about working on the other stuff – meditation, relaxation exercises, breathing, brainwave entrainment?
    Thank you,I have repeated this to myself today a couple of times!
    Thank you again for encouragement Sheila. Wow, I am so, so grateful for all the help you and others have offered me. It is without a doubt made this whole process less traumatic. I have never compiled a list of all the meds I have been on for almost 20 years...I don't even think I could remember them all...there have been numerous drugs, cocktails of drugs. How things haven't gotten worse than they are I don't know. I do know a number of other people on SSRI's and hear them speak of all the same complaints as I and pretty much everyone on here has. But I still find many don't want to consider that the meds can cause some of the physical symptoms too. It is funny, but people often seem to want to think that it is just something they must endure. Maybe it is a matter of timing. All of us having to be ready to change our thinking and being in a place we feel we are able to actually tackle it.

I am fortunate as I dont' have to go to work. I wouldn't be able if I had too. Those out there struggling through w/d and working I have so much respect for.
    What a difficult and stressful time it must be.

This has been 2 days off the blood pressure meds ...and I have been feeling better as the day progresses. I was surprised when I took my bp as it looks like it has risen already a bit. The cuff on the monitor is too big so I have to try to return it and get the smaller cuff size if they will let me. The readings apparently are not accurate otherwise. I bought some herbal tea for cardiovasular help with medicial properties. I put up Omega 3's by another pill today, am taking 1 clove of fresh garlic/day, ACV approx 2 tbs/day. I am slowly winding up to include some exercises as you suggested. I would like to read the brain wave entertainment thread as I saw it there and am not familiar with it. Yes, I think you are right Sheila, time to include these other things as part of my arsenal!
    xox

Hello Joy,

I can not have cats and dogs because I live in a block of buildings. You're lucky to live in the country, with garden and grounds
    for animals that they are free ...

My daughter asked if the piggies are boy or girl to choose name, she is thinking name, lol
    Joy, by reading your posts, that I perceive that you are a great person

Big, big hugs
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress