Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for feedback for Blood Pressure Issues

Hi Sheila,

I am sad to hear about your father. It somehow sounds like they were treating your Dad's BP, a symptom, but not the problem? I can see why you feel the way you do.
    I was taking ACV and it didn't help BP, however, I wonder now if it was because I was taking store bought...now I am taking raw, unpasturized with 'mother'.
    I like your idea. I will get myself stabalized and then put the Omega 3's up one every two weeks. I lowered my med to 1/2 yesterday and just tonight am feeling some relief. Rising above the haze a little. When I have purchased a monitor I will feel more comfortable reducing the tablet further as I can adjust it as needed to keep the level steady.

I notice that I am not loosing weight as I thought I would naturally, just because of the way I am eating now. I am not overly trying too..however, you would think it would fall off as there is such an incredible difference now..ha,ha. Do you think once my system becomes stable and healthy again that it will? I think a healthy body maybe looses weight where my struggling body just holds on to it. Any thoughts on that?

Question about ACV - I have noticed that after taking a drink of water/acv 2 1/2 tbs/honey, that I start to feel itchy a bit. It doesn't last long. My partner also has the same thing. He likes the strength of it but for myself I will make mine a little weaker from now on and do it twice instead. Have you heard anything similar?

The tick season goes on until the FALL !!!!!!!

Thank you,
    Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Question about ACV - I have noticed that after taking a drink of water/acv 2 1/2 tbs/honey, that I start to feel itchy a bit. It doesn't last long. My partner also has the same thing. He likes the strength of it but for myself I will make mine a little weaker from now on and do it twice instead. Have you heard anything similar?
    Try cutting down on it a tad bit - 1 1/2 tbs perhaps, or dividing it into yet smaller portions, Joy. Could also be our being ultra-sensitive in WD.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

You will absolutely lose weight when you are more healthy. Please do not make that a priority now. Your body is struggling and it needs all the nutrition it wants. Eat plenty of good food.

The ACV sounds like it might be causing a detox reaction.

When you feel a little better in a couple of weeks, maybe you can pick one of the anti-tick ideas we have collected and implement it. Like getting someone to mow. Just one step at a time. You will make the situation better. Are your neighbors saying this is a particularly bad year for ticks? I’m having a “fly” year. If I open my front door, they are lurking there, and half a dozen try to fly in. Bizarre.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Dearest Shelia,

Thank you, and i am focusing on nutrition as you had suggested as I agree this is the most important...but makes me happy to think once my body gets healthier it will metabolize or whatever it does..and loose some of this extra.

I tried the acv as suggested and it was better! :O) I think I am feeling a difference..a good difference taking it. My muscles feel leaner and my skin is clear and has a glow of health.

Maybe not the smartest idea but I am feeling desperate so I cut the BP to 1/4 dose this morning. Yesterday I woke up feeling well and after taking the 1/2 tab things changed within 4 hours and the rest of the day and evening I was too restless and irritable to function. Today I will make sure I drink lots of fluids as I think it was Stan that mentioned that....and within the next couple of days get a monitor. It may be a w/d symptom from the fluctuating medication too is my guess??

I have appreciated all the good advice and support about the ticks from everyone! Thank you!!
    Today there is someone coming to check out the problem from the Winnipeg branch of...I think it is like a Natural Resources or something. Apparently we are not the only ones experiencing ticks. It seems like this year is exceptionally rife like you mentioned. People have been loosing their new born calfs. The other person I heard of had a new foal posioned and unable to get up off the ground with 300 ticks on it. It might have lived, I'm not sure. Back when I was looking for a horse I had been on Kijiji and I spoke with another woman who had told me one of her foal went into shock and the vet had to be called last year because of ticks. I hadn't really understood the problem at the time and thought it was odd..but now I am getting it. The problem is twofold. One is to protect the animals..(and we have used several methods including the injection of farm grade preperation, even on the dogs. Flea and tick baths for the dogs, Deet spray on, a nautral oil preperation with garlic,acv,dishsoap, and as of last night we found another package in an old grain bin that has a dust to treat horses, cows, pigs with for ticks, lice etc. So they are getting that too. They are being bombarded with drugs.)
    And the second, is for us to be able to be outside and enjoy nice weather. At present I can't even sit on a chair on an open porch.
    Grass cutting we will keep up on!! It is new grass coming up and the horses love it!! We had them grazing at the front of the property.
    We have an open..maybe 2 acre equivelant area that is mostly dirt in front of the house other than a small lawn. It is so there is access to the grain bins. The fields however, we can't cut.as there is hundreds of acres around the house that use to be cultivated and it has long dead weeds, and their is a wooded area behind the house. It is a wind block.
    There is old straw bales that have been stacked and left as windbreaks (hundreds of them!) and the paddock area had overgrown weeds from the previous years which the horses have been tramping down trying to find new grass shoots. The natives burn the fields to keep problems down...but I wouldn't dare try.

Cutting grass would help immensely to keep the ticks at bay. Here's some good info - especially no. 2; http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Ti...ound-Your-Home

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Grass cutting we will keep up on!! It is new grass coming up and the horses love it!! We had them grazing at the front of the property.
    Looks like a tried and tested and 100% natural method of keeping grass low. :)

Wow! You have already done a lot about the ticks! Let us know what the expert says. It’s an incredible problem!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I took 1/4 tab this AM and still felt off through the day although not as bad. By 5pm I noticed I was feeling better again. Hopefully it continues!!

I took a great picture of Max a couple of weeks ago so will attach it. I love this picture. Enjoy!

......So the tick experts came out today and assessed the problem. Seems that it is a big issue this year because there was a lot of snow and this insulated the ticks through the winter. They said the ticks we have here are NOT the ones that cause Lyme Disease. We have it very bad but there isn't too much we can do about them. Keep grass low and suggested some of the tick preparations we are already doing.

What a beautiful picture, Joy! Is Max sneaking up on the bird feeder?

Thank you for the link Luc. I just checked it out and it has some really good suggestions. I am feeling better today so plan to get out and tackle some dead grass and clip down some branches to let the sun shine in!!

When I took the above picture I was just snapping away...and then later looked at the expression on Max's face and had to laugh. Caught in the act. I downsized the picture but larger you can see the look in his eyes,lol.

Have a nice day and thanks again for the info.

HORSE THAT MOST BEAUTIFUL!I want one!

I'm learning a lot from Manitoba and ticks. I did not know he had this terrible problem ...
    Definitely, I think the best way to ward off ticks is to cut the grass.

A big hug.
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress