Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
You’re gonna have some w/d symptoms. You’re not going to be able to get rid of them all. You’re doing very, very well, for having gotten off the monster Effexor recently. I know it’s very, very hard. What about working on the other stuff – meditation, relaxation exercises, breathing, brainwave entrainment?
Thank you,I have repeated this to myself today a couple of times!
Thank you again for encouragement Sheila. Wow, I am so, so grateful for all the help you and others have offered me. It is without a doubt made this whole process less traumatic. I have never compiled a list of all the meds I have been on for almost 20 years...I don't even think I could remember them all...there have been numerous drugs, cocktails of drugs. How things haven't gotten worse than they are I don't know. I do know a number of other people on SSRI's and hear them speak of all the same complaints as I and pretty much everyone on here has. But I still find many don't want to consider that the meds can cause some of the physical symptoms too. It is funny, but people often seem to want to think that it is just something they must endure. Maybe it is a matter of timing. All of us having to be ready to change our thinking and being in a place we feel we are able to actually tackle it.

I am fortunate as I dont' have to go to work. I wouldn't be able if I had too. Those out there struggling through w/d and working I have so much respect for.
What a difficult and stressful time it must be.

This has been 2 days off the blood pressure meds ...and I have been feeling better as the day progresses. I was surprised when I took my bp as it looks like it has risen already a bit. The cuff on the monitor is too big so I have to try to return it and get the smaller cuff size if they will let me. The readings apparently are not accurate otherwise. I bought some herbal tea for cardiovasular help with medicial properties. I put up Omega 3's by another pill today, am taking 1 clove of fresh garlic/day, ACV approx 2 tbs/day. I am slowly winding up to include some exercises as you suggested. I would like to read the brain wave entertainment thread as I saw it there and am not familiar with it. Yes, I think you are right Sheila, time to include these other things as part of my arsenal!
xox