Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Ayuda

Hi Sheila! good to hear from you again.

Let me tell you that no matter how sick I felt,(I´m much beter now) I never stopped doing what I had to do.

I´m 90% functional; the only part of my life that I´m having trouble with is at night because of insomnia.

I have been taking very small dose of Seroquel for 2 months aprx. and I try to stay away from Xanax.

Yes, BEFORE the big depression I used to take Clonazepam when needed for my anxiety problems but not with Efexxor.

I was surprised when I read the message I post 1 year ago giving my reasons to quit ssris, and it makes me happy, because sometimes when I feel bad I forget why I got off the med.

Right now I´m 160 days off Efexxor.I knowI´m improving, but it is a challenging matter, and one issue for me is FEAR. Fear of not coming out

I´m going to bed now, so good to hear from you.

Hi Sheila! good to hear from you again.

Let me tell you that no matter how sick I felt,(I´m much beter now) I never stopped doing what I had to do.

I´m 90% functional; the only part of my life that I´m having trouble with is at night because of insomnia.

I have been taking very small dose of Seroquel for 2 months aprx. and I try to stay away from Xanax.

Yes, BEFORE the big depression I used to take Clonazepam when needed for my anxiety problems but not with Efexxor.

I was surprised when I read the message I post 1 year ago giving my reasons to quit ssris, and it makes me happy, because sometimes when I feel bad I forget why I got off the med.

Right now I´m 160 days off Efexxor.I knowI´m improving, but it is a challenging matter, and one issue for me is FEAR. Fear of not coming out

I´m going to bed now, so good to hear from you.

Looks like there's definitely lots of improvement, Alex. This will continue no doubt. I understand how difficult it can get at that point still, and how much at least some respite from the symptoms is needed. That is good, though, you don't overuse the drugs. Please, keep it that way. :)

So glad you like the videos (especially the classical music ones). They are worth listening (and watching) -> music therapy.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I know it’s very threatening to be worried about sleep. You have seen improvement on several of your symptoms. This symptom may be your worst, but it will get better too.

If I were you, I would slowly start moving in the direction of safer sleep aids – melatonin first of all (about 0.33 – 0.5 mg, this is sold in way too high a dose), then valerian, kava kava, passionflower, hops.

Also, I have had success with brain wave entrainment CDs.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hola Sheila, voy a hablarte en español,

Hoy hablé con un amigo psiquiatra y es íncreible la falta de conocimiento que tiene con respecto al withdrawal syndrome.Él niega que los síntomas pùedan durar más de unas cuantas semanas y me dice que mis síntomas NO pueden ser atribuibles al Efexxor, sino a una condición mía...él insiste que soy bipolar;eso NO es cierto.

Es muy lamentable que la profesión médica desconozca esta realidad y que exista tanta gente sufriendo sin saber lo que está pasando.

Bueno, debo decir que hoy he tenido uno de los mejores días en meses.One of the best days in months.period.PERO, el problema comienza cuando llega la noche; y tengo que dormir

He tomado la decisión de no tomar medicamentos psicotrópicos; hoy va a ser la primera noche en que sólamente voy a tomar suplementos naturales.

He notado que de cualquier manera, aún tomando medicamento, mi sueño es malo....CORTISOL????

Por favor dime que es parte del WD y que va a mejorar

I´m taking Valerian, PassionFlower and Linden Flowers, both in tea and tinctures.

Por ahora, el insomnio es el gran reto Big challenge...it is scary.

Melatonina??? dime más, cómo funciona, he escuchado pero nunca la he tomado.

Hello Sheila, last night I tried not to take med. to sleep, but I had no succes.

I´m taking the smallest dose of Seroquel 12.5mg or 0.25mg Xanax and it helps me sleep.

Sheila, I do want to move to safer sleeping aids, what do you mean by "slowly"?

I´ve read about Melatonin, seems to have a high rate of success...

Yo sé, es realmente difícil encontrarnos con una brecha tan grande entre la realidad que otros creen que existe y la realidad que nosotros sabemos existe. Pero, ¡así es ser revolucionarios!

Pero, ha sido un camino para nosotros también. Había una época cuando creíamos que los medicamentos eran seguros y buenos y hemos estado abiertos a aprender y enfrentar nuevos datos. Vamos a ayudar a otros pasar por este camino también.

I´m very glad that you have decided to shift from powerful prescription sleep aids to safer ones, but you are doing it too fast! You have to taper off the Seroquel and Xanax. You want to *not* shock your system or destabilize it. It is very precarious right now.

How long have you been taking the Seroquel? What dose? Every night?

Same questions regarding the Xanax.

I’m glad you have done some reading about melatonin.

How much valerian, passion flower and linden are you already taking? How does it affect you?

You had a friend who is a naturopath. Are you working with her?

Let us slowly figure out a good way to shift you to safer sleep aids.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Ok, anoche intenté dormir sólamente con un té de hierbas de Valeriana, Tilo (Linden) y hojas frescas de naranjo agrio(bitter orange)
    Siento que me hace bien y me relaja, sin embargo luego de más de 1 hr y media no podía conciliar el sueño y entonces comienzo a sentirme un poco ansioso(poco) y decido tomar el medicamento.

Usualmente y desde hace aproximadamente 1 mes sólo tomo Seroquel en una dosis muy baja, la mitad de una pastilla de 25mg que es lo más bajo en el mercado,y cuando me siento un poco ansioso, junto con esto 0.25mg de Xanax, pero el Xanax lo he venido eliminando en las últimas semanas.Todo esto con el té de hierbas.
    Sí, he estado tomando 12.50mg de Seroquel ppor aproximadamente 2 meses todas las noches.Xanax lo he eliminado, sólo cuando me siento un poco ansioso lo tomo.Durante el día NO tomo ningún medicamento.

Ya compré la Melatonina; mi pregunta es si puedo comenzar a tomarla CON el Seroquel y luego ir eliminando el medicamento....en realidad no sé cómo hacerlo.

Creo, repito, que las dosis de medicamento son muy bajas, por mi seguridad.

Desafortunadamente mi amiga americana, la herbolista regresó a USA. y aquí en CR no se conoce mucho de esta materia.

PUEDO INTENTAR LA MELATONINA (0.50MG) CON EL SEROQUEL?

5 MONTHS AND 15 DAYS EFEXXOR FREE

No sé si es segguro tomar el Seroquel con la melotonina. Solamente, puedo decirte lo que yo haría. Yo tomaría la melotonina en 0.33 mg con el Seroquel por tres noches. Después, seguiría con la melotonina y reduciría el Seroquel a 6.25 mg.

Me mantendría en ese plan por tres semanas. Después, dejaría al Seroquel, siguiendo con la melotonina.

Yo empezaría con esta dosis baja de melatonina, porque puede tener un efecto paradójico en una dosis más alta. Con esta sustancia, menos es mejor.

Pero, hace tu propia investigación sobre el asunto. Aquí tienes un poco de información –

http://www.drugs.com/interactions-ch...48-0,1979-2549

http://www.livestrong.com/article/47...with-seroquel/

http://www.crazymeds.us/CrazyTalk/in...sing-seroquel/

-- Holger Kalweit

Hola Sheila; Anoche tomé 12.50 Seroquel y 0.50 Melatonina y pude dormir pero con efectos paradójicos indeseados, sobre todo al depertar, ansiedad y cansancio a la vez.

Estoy a 5 meses y 15 días aprox. Efexxor free.He notado una gran mejoría en los síntomas con respecto a mis funciones del día.

Las ventanas de bienestar son mejores y las olas de malestar son más débiles.Sin duda.Mi problema ahora es el insomnio.

Sin embargo, el Seroquel fué recetado por este Dr. que insiste en que yo soy bipolar y aduciendo la "gran peligrosidad" del Xanax.

Yo conozco las Benzodicepinas de hace años y el Seroquel no.Creo que mi problema principal es ansiedad por Cortisol
    La dosis de Xanax que yo uso es muy baja 0.25 Yo preferiría seguir con Xanax por un tiempo porque siento que me cae mejor y tratar de cambiar a Melatonina en un futuro próximo, pero todavía no.

Qué piensas?