Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Ayuda

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    For the most part I consider myself priviledged and lucky to have learnt there is a way out of this nightmare, and that removing the drug from my life may change things for better.
    Wow, well put. So helpful to remember this in the dark moments.

Cosette A life without drug is better than a life on drugs.
    Hard as it can be at times to heal from the drugs, we know it's tragically often a worsening path to stay on the drugs. And the hard part of recovery does come to an end. And then we're really free.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hello everybody! I´m back from "the steaming jungles of Central America" (some North American President said that...) this is Alex again. Realy sorry, but well, I ALWAYS learn the hardest way so now I wrote the password down.

Well, here I am I´ve been feeling really good regardless the symptoms I´ve described to you: sleepiness,apathy, low energy.

I´ve been thinking and talking about this decision with and we all agree that this is the right time to do it.I´m not afraid anymore, because I know many things I didn´t know before; circumstances are NOT the same I am NOT into a major depression event, I have a good relation with life, people I love that love me back, now I have you...
    so now is just a matter of start the process.

I have to leave you now; I´m glad I´m back.

Blessings to you all.

Alex, it is great to see you back on the forum and read your post. There is a lot of experience and support available here that can aid you in your own unique WD process. Sounds like you are in a strong centered place to go forward with your decision.

Wishing you the very best.

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." -- Nietzsche

Welcome back, Alex!

Caramba, you're handling things well! Making the decision by taking some time, assessing your state and your life, talking to people you trust, counting your strengths!

Yes, you definitely have us! We have a lot of hard-won experience and we can share what we've learned through trial-and-error about how best to taper. Everyone will be eager to help you to have the best journey possible!

<< steaming jungles....possibly in Central America

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hola soy Alex.
    Hace un año que no me comunicaba.
    Mi vida ha cambiado radicalmente desde entonces.
    Luego de tomar 150mgs de Efexxor por 4 años, en Mayo del año pasado comencé a dejar el Efexxor.
    Creo que lo hice muy rápido por consejo del Dr., 150mgs-0mgs en tres meses.No tuve problemas sino hasta una semana después de la última dosis de Efexxor.
    Una semana después de la última dosis de la droga, el INFIERNO comenzó:ANSIEDAD,diarrea,anorexia,upheavel emotions,(neuro-emotions) even suicidal thoughts.

Al comienzo no sabía qué estaba pasando; ahora lo sé: antidepressants withdrawal syndrome.

Estoy sufriendo, aunque creo que la parte aguda de los síntomas ya ha pasado, la ansiedad, el INSOMNIO y otros síntomas extraños están aquí.

(switch to english) At 160 days Efexxor free, 2 things are happening to me:symptoms are getting weaker, and I´m learning to cope with them.

This tsunami of emotions had force me to bring out the best of me, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
    Sometimes I get very scare though; thinking I will never go out from these awful situation.

It gives me peace and a reason to keep figthing to read the reasons I had to get off the drug in the first place.

I have to leave you now, I´m scared!

160 days Efexxor free

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Sometimes I get very scare though; thinking I will never go out from these awful situation.
    This is perfectly normal in WD, Alex. These "waves" (a temporary worsening of symptoms) can continue for quite a long time, until our bodies regain homeostasis again. The very good news is that you have improved since your last visit at IAWP. And this trend will be more and more visible.

What symptoms are the worst for you right now?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi Luc, so good to hear from you.

Right now as I said,the worst part (aguda) I think is over: severe anxiety,upheaval emotions, diahrrea, dysphoria (dark thougths)

What remains is this lingering anxiety and a feeling of sadness, no joy for life, and insomnia.I must say that I´m going trough a VERY hard time finantially (money) and I believe this is an issue also.

INSOMNIA scares the hell out of me, I feel that I would never be able to travel, or stay for the nite any place out of my bed...it stresses me SO much.

I´m able to sleep, but very disrupted, I wake up every hour, and I go back to sleep, and so on all nite.

At 5 months and 10 days Efexxor free, I´m not taking any med. during the day, just natural stuff, like Valerian tea, etc.

To get ready to bed, I get this strong herbal tea that helps me relax and 12.5mgs Seroquel and 0.25 Xanax when I get anxious

My reality is hard right now, but I am off that terrible drug Efexxor.

I need all the strength and support I can get.

FEAR, I feel fear.I got support from the people of SURVIVING ANTIDEPRESSANTS; thanks to them I didn´t make the big mistake to go back to ssris about 3 months ago when I was feeling REALLY bad.

I´m afraid I´m in protracted WD syndrome ah?

Alex, I need to be very honest with you about this Seroquel thing especially. Seroquel is SSRIs - you don't want to get addicted to it, once you have successfully weaned off of Effexor. Effexor is very similar to Seroquel - they are *both* SSRIs. And you also mention the benzo - Xanax. I've been through the hell of WD myself, so I know how rough it is and how we crave for *any* relief from the WD pain, but, to allow your body heal, you need to abstain from those drugs. Similarly, Valerian impacts the same type of neurotransmitters as SSRIs do (though on a smaller scale).

You have come a long way already, have made great improvements, you really don't want to slow your healing by taking new drugs.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi, Alex! Nice to see you again. I’ve thought of you and wondered how you were doing.

Congratulations for being off the Effexor. That’s a big achievement. Yes, the w/d symptoms will absolutely get better.

I think you were already on the Xanax before you tapered off the Effexor? Is that right?

When did you start the Seroquel?

I know the insomnia is scary, but it actually sounds very good that you are able to go back to sleep so much. I know it is not ideal, but it is OK to wake up a lot. How many hours do you get?

And I know how scary the financial stress is. Are you too sick to work right now? You will definitely heal, and be able to work more.

It’s really good you are reaching out for support in many places.

-- Holger Kalweit

Hi Luc, I just saw your videos,very useful and let me tell you that even it makes me realize I am in a very difficult time of my life, I´m lucky I don´t have many of the symptoms you describe, or I have them mild.

Let me tell you that I think I´m a tough person; I remember I survived 9 long months of severe major depression, without any med.At the end, I began Efexxor.

Regarding Seroquel and herbal teas, I take them in very small doses, because I NEED TO SLEEP Luc...!

I have noticed that sleeping, even with little help, its a healing aid.

So, if I don´t take any sleeping aid (and I do it in very small dose) I don´t sleep and if I don´t sleep I get much much worse...I know .

Tricky thing INSOMNIA....

By the way I love classical music, I am a performer myself, good videos you posted.

My present condition:Akathisia-0 Brain Zapping.0 Muscle Pain-0 Dizziness-0 Brain Fog-MILD / Neuro Emotions-IMPROVING Anxiety-IMPROVING (waves) Anhedonia-(waves)
    Dysphoria-(waves but IMPROVING) iNSOMNIA- Bad.

This is a big challenge, and I get scared sometimes, or is it WD???

I try to stay away from benzos, but you tell me,what can I do if I can´t sleep???