Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sadness

sadness

my nights are very bad actually, i can even say worse;
    but my days seem better, i feel i improve,
    i am becoming more natural than before ; before i feeled more drugged when interacting with my environment,
    actually i am more sensitive and looking at my days, situation, i become sad of my life
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Stan, your nights sound truly difficult; however, at some point the pattern will shift. It is very good to hear that you are feeling more naturally yourself during the day.

I also wanted to comment on the very creative assortment of emoticons you have so amazingly arranged for all of us to use at IAWP. It is lots of fun to have so many choices. Many Thanks......
    "You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." -- Nietzsche

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Stan, your nights sound truly difficult; however, at some point the pattern will shift. It is very good to hear that you are feeling more naturally yourself during the day.

I also wanted to comment on the very creative assortment of emoticons you have so amazingly arranged for all of us to use at IAWP. It is lots of fun to have so many choices. Many Thanks......
    Our friend Stan is the best emoticon creator!!! He has so many good ideas
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Dear Chief Emoticon Hunter --

I find the pattern shifts from time to time. Overall, my mornings are worse, becoming worst from about 10:30 am to 2 pm. Then, I'm better in the evenings. However, there have been times when the pattern would shift for a few weeks, and evenings would be worse.

It's great that you're feeling more natural and less drugged in relation to your environment. Some people might say the sadness is healthy -- the feelings that were repressed by the drugs are coming up. I think it's complicated. It might be that. But your brain is still changing, and still exaggerating emotions.

Do you think that maybe the sadness is better than the terrible anxiety? Maybe your system is calming down a bit, but overshooting the mark?

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Stan, I wanted to assure you it's a perfectly normal stage of our recovery. It only means that our brain is re-wiring. I have been experiencing the exact same. Paradoxically, when I was in the early, totally hellish stage of WD, I didn't feel "sadness" as such. Yes, it was an abysmal "horror", "terror", and what not, but not "sadness". Hang in there - our next stop, after the "sadness" stage, will be a "I feel perfectly fine" stage (and then "Life feels great" one).

PS Truly, guys, those things are so difficult to describe... WD is THE most indescribable phenomenon there is.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Do you think that maybe the sadness is better than the terrible anxiety? Maybe your system is calming down a bit, but overshooting the mark?
    yes, the sadness and melancholy feelings are better than agoraphobia, anxiety; in fact i feel i am calming a little down (akathisia maybe); but as soon as i am horizontal in bed, i am very bad, it is difficult to sleep and i have 15 blood pressure, 90 pulse; during day i am fine with pressure 12/13 and pulse70/80;
    one year ago, in bed i had 10 pressure; the withdrawal false hormones play i think, i will see this night,
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Stan, I wanted to assure you it's a perfectly normal stage of our recovery. It only means that our brain is re-wiring. I have been experiencing the exact same. Paradoxically, when I was in the early, totally hellish stage of WD, I didn't feel "sadness" as such. Yes, it was an abysmal "horror", "terror", and what not, but not "sadness". Hang in there - our next stop, after the "sadness" stage, will be a "I feel perfectly fine" stage (and then "Life feels great" one).
    Luc, it is exactly what happens in my body;

OK, that's great that the sadness feels like a tiny improvement!

Do you sleep in your television chair sometimes? Does that work better? Less fear? Fewer physical problems?

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    OK, that's great that the sadness feels like a tiny improvement!

Do you sleep in your television chair sometimes? Does that work better? Less fear? Fewer physical problems?
    i slept often the first years in the armchair in front of television, but since a year, if i sleep sitting, i have heavy ribcage pain and eyes pain (from dryness i think)

now i have to ly in bed, and lying gives me bad feelings, so i forces me to ly horizontal or i will not sleep enough;

You just can't win. Sitting up doesn't work. Lying down doesn't work. There are so many things like that in w/d. Like, if I go up on the Vit. C, I sleep worse. But, if I go down on the Vit. C. my adrenal and leg pain get worse. It's infuriating.

But, overall, slowly, it has all gotten better.

-- Holger Kalweit