Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pp has banned me

Don't feel bad, Iggy...I was banned when they found out I joined Surviving Antidepressants I didn't know I had to ask their permission

Wow, tuff crowd? Never been a member on that site, but geez ... way to kick someone when they are down. Sorry Iggy. Can't get any better than the IAWP family :-)

What is PP?

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    What is PP?
    Paxil Progress

Sounds like crazy, I was still lucky to get my PP profile removed on my own request. Luc and I already discussed the changed atmosphere on PP more than one or two years ago. It seemed that they are still pretty unfriendly and ban everybody who dies not recover within their time frame, is an active member of SA and/or IAWP or is critical about the moderators and the CBT stuff which they try to push to everyone.
    It is a shame that the first great support site who probably saved many lives has changed so much for the worse.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

Iggy, i can promise you, you are NOT the worst case. Definately not. There is no doubt in my mind that you will heal much faster than you might think. Much faster than me too. Hang in there. You didnt need pp in any case, bad moderators with a horrible attitude. Thats why i left there. They gave me terrible advise. Atleast you have IAWP. Best forum available on the web with fantastic loving people. Dont worry, youll be ok Iggy.

Oh and your inbox is full* I cant reply to your msges*

That's just... .. I don't like this division among ssri wd forums. It's definitely not doing any good to the effort of making this a recognized condition. I found out about the PP - SA separation earlier on accident when going through old posts. I didn't know they would ban members of other forums or if that's really true. All I have to say is there's too much egos involved here. I understand their view from what Junior said and how it's not personal but done to not cause needless fear to newcomers. This has come up so many times before because people use PP not only as a support forum but as a source of info and sometimes I've felt this hush hush attitude as well with the threadlocking and whatnot. Which often just magnifies the problem since topics are not discussed to the end and many conversations end on a bad note when someone with access to admin rights gets upset. It's like a kid opens up the closet and sees something scary but mom comes in and slams it shut and says it's ok let's go eat dinner. This makes the closet even scarier for me at least. Also on more than one occasion the side with access to the locking power is the one who's gone to the personal insult level. I usually don't get involved but I've seen those topics pop up every now and then. And then things are just kind of left floating in the background. This is one reason I'm expanding my territory starting here because it seems like a warm place. Like a cozy little cottage. I still like that forum and due to the size it's the best for finding info and opinions and I really appreciate all of scottys efforts.

It's funny because now as I make this post I get a tingly feeling am I going to be blasted into the ban heaven for this? :)
    I actually cut out a part that might have upset someone as I see no point in creating more drama. But Iggy I want to thank you for digging up all those success stories, many of them ended up being bookmarked and waiting to be printed out at a time of need if things get bad. And I think I speak on behalf of PPers that it's a shame and you're missed there as evindenced by posts in your journal after Junior told you're not posting anymore.
    But maybe there's also an upside in surrounding yourself with the positivity of this forum? I'm sure you won't get banned by the hippy dippy attitude of this place.. oh snap, now I might.

after having some tearful exchanges with scotty she has let me back on...but let me tell you these past 2 days has REALLY upset me, I havent got to skleep until 6am and I have been constantly ruminating, its not been nice at all, really really awful, I dont think I will be posting on PP but at least I can now read the timelines of the people that brought me at least some level of comfort...

re me scaring people - it scraes me when I read that people are suffering for so so many years, that there is a 40/50% chance that I will never recover from this, but I dont lock that out, I have to realise that its true and I have acctually stood up many many times on PP for these people who suffer so long, even when yes its got me into trouble.

but this IS the best board, no doubt about that...and isnt that strange? because this board is the one who has the most severe and protracted cases, it really goes along with what moui says as here it is openly known that this lasts for many many years and all the horrors are there. and yet it feels safe...
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Quote Originally Posted by Moui View Post
    That's just... .. I don't like this division among ssri wd forums. It's definitely not doing any good to the effort of making this a recognized condition.
    I agree but unfortunately it just seems to be human nature. It happens at sporting clubs, in workplaces, all walks of life really. When I first started full-time work, it was in a bank, and I found that every branch I worked in (I was with them for 10 1/2 years) had a different culture. The organisation was the same, the work was the same, but different branches had different ways of handling customers, or who they would bend the rules for, or how well-organised they were, etc. The same has happened with these forums.

When I first joined PP it was the only forum for people trying to get off a/ds. S/A was a break-away group. I remember the people who started it being at PP and their very belief system was very different to that of Scotty and LC. When the group who started this forum (IAWP) left - they also had a different viewpoint/ belief system. Who knows? Other groups may follow at some point in the future. I just think that each forum serves a different purpose and that we shouldn't slag each other off.

I also think, though, that we need to be careful about what we post. Sometimes, as well-meaning as we might be, we can post 'information' that we've found on the net thinking it will help people, when, in fact, we don't really understand it ourselves or have 'found' what we wanted to see in it. Not all internet sources are credible. And the ones that are, such as scientific journals, are not written for the average person who is trawling the net. Unless one has been taught how these things are written, and knows how to critique them properly - then one cannot be expected to fully understand what they are reading. Another thing I see a lot of people posting about - again not always with a lot of understanding - is mental illness. I'm always picking up people at PP when they toss the word "bipolar" into the air without fully understanding how serious this disorder is. Having said that, I want to praise Luc and Sheila for the articles they find - they are very very good, carefully selected, and relevant.

Finally, w/d is hard. I doubt that anyone who has come to any of these forums would question that. Comparing ourselves to others is not helpful because we don't know enough about them. We only know what they choose to reveal. And degree of suffering should never be questioned. It's like pain thresholds. Some have a high threshold; some don't. Some have good coping methods; some don't. Some have good support systems; some don't. But I do know that we need to be mindful of how others around us are feeling - for example, don't just 'jump on' someone who is trying to help, and don't say things like "but you haven't suffered as much as me; I am one of the worst cases". You really don't know that. Especially on an internet forum. And even if that is true, how is having a go at someone who is trying to help, actually going to help you?

Everyone has a cross to bear. Leave it at that.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous