Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: RubyTuesday Introduction

Ruby – You sound like you have a very clear grasp on what is what and it seems very reasonable for you to take your next step on the taper. I’m very sorry to hear you have just been through a big break-up! But, as you say, the drug may be making that worse. And, we sometimes have to keep slogging through the taper despite life stressors.

Would it be OK with you if we append this thread to your Journal thread? This is a key piece of your journey and it will be helpful to you and to us to have it all together in one place.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Sure, go for it. And thanks for the reply. I totally feel, at the end of the day today, that this freaking drug is totally
    intensifying all my feelings. I am so sick of it.

Hang in there, Ruby. If it helped you in any way, just please remember that what you're feeling right now is only temporary and that you will heal from it. The emotional trauma you have recently experienced may also worsen the symptoms. It will start eventually getting better anyway, though. Also, listening to your intuition and what your body is telling you is often a very good way to go.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

apocalyptic iatrogenic phenomenon
    sounds like a good name for an all-girl punk band
    thank you so much everybody for responding to me. it means the world to me.
    Prozac/Birth Control 9 years. Pot 6/09 to 3/11. Female Problems. Short trials: Paxil, Celexa, Lexipro, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Ativan. CURRENTLY Lamictal from 10/11. Seroquel from 12/11. Remiron from 12/11: 15-30-45-30-15-to 7.5 7/2012, to 3.75 4/1/13. 5/18 3.75/2. Diagnosis Now: Complex PTSD. Regular Acupuncture/EMDR/therapy/yoga class. PERFECT RESIGNATION GIVES THE DEEPEST JOY OF ALL. ACCEPT IT AS YOUR SOLE RESOURCE. -ANANADAMAYI MA
    The Inner Light - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n8DQknrOOc

My body told me last night, actually all day yesterday & the day before, to cut the 3.75 out altogether. My usual dose time is 8pm Last night at 11:15 I got out of bed and cut the 3.75 in half and took it. Just like I knew I would, I woke up with intense panic. And some nausea and shakes. Yesterday I asked for 6 weeks off of my very part time job in order to w/d before summer solstice. And I may just quit. I REALLY FEEL ANY AMOUNT OF THIS DRUG IN MY BODY IS DISTURBING ME MORE THAN ANY LEVEL OF WITHDRAWAL WOULD. I know this is not what you recommend, but that is what I did today. As I have tapered off Remiron, I have consistently felt more anxiety on the lower doses. This has been going on for more than a year.
    Prozac/Birth Control 9 years. Pot 6/09 to 3/11. Female Problems. Short trials: Paxil, Celexa, Lexipro, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Ativan. CURRENTLY Lamictal from 10/11. Seroquel from 12/11. Remiron from 12/11: 15-30-45-30-15-to 7.5 7/2012, to 3.75 4/1/13. 5/18 3.75/2. Diagnosis Now: Complex PTSD. Regular Acupuncture/EMDR/therapy/yoga class. PERFECT RESIGNATION GIVES THE DEEPEST JOY OF ALL. ACCEPT IT AS YOUR SOLE RESOURCE. -ANANADAMAYI MA

follow me, the wise man said, but he walked behind.
    I walked into a hospital, where none was sick and none was well
    when at night the nurses left, I could not walk at all.
    morning came and then came noon, dinnertime a scalpel blade lay beside my silver spoon.
    some girls wander by mistake into the mess that scalpels make, are you the teachers of my heart?
    we teach all hearts to break --Leonard Cohen

I fully understand what you're saying here, Ruby. That was your decision and we respect it. Just please keep us regularly updated on your situation and symptoms. In case it got really worse (not saying it will of course!), you could always reinstate - there so often is the window of opportunity to do it.

1st day of new taper half of 3.75

Thank you so much, guys, you are really saving my life here
    Day 1 of 3.75/2
    first awakening around 6am: intense panic
    trying to get out of bed 7 to 8 am: shakes, crying (story of my life whole year)
    out of bed and dressed around 9am: that pressure bearing down on my shoulders and head and neck like a lead weight, but emotionally clearer and calmer, actually wrote in my print journal (prolific writer age 11 to 40's: faded out in the single parenting nightmare) going to take an Aleve and go to my AA meeting
    trying to figure out fractions & decimals. half of 3.75 (or 15m cut in eighths) is actually less than 10% of my original dose of 45mg. do you mean 10% of the most recent dose? or the original dose? because the numbers are disappearing on the horizon here, and we're getting into advanced homeopathic theory
    speaking of, is there a thread here on homeopathy? seems relevant.

It's 10% of the *current* dose. You may find this piece of info from our main site very helpful; http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info/en/tapering.php

And homeopathy thread; http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...869-Homeopathy Not very long yet, but very interesting.

If you came across any research on it, or wanted to share your own experience with this type of treatment, you're very welcome to write about it in this thread.

but if you use 10% of the current dose, you will never get off it, due to the law of infinity?