Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: RubyTuesday Introduction

Keep it up, Ruby!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

End of Week #2 No Remiron
    got hold of Peter Breggin's new book Psychiatric Medication Withdrawal, nice to see so much stuff confirmed that I had figured out for myself. Been feeling good most of the time, lots of energy, a little manic, more active than I had planned. Some tough mornings but on the whole a lot easier to talk myself out of them, mainly by telling myself that the Remiron made it all worse. And confirmation from an M.D. helps so much.
    Prozac/Birth Control 9 years. Pot 6/09 to 3/11. Female Problems. Short trials: Paxil, Celexa, Lexipro, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Ativan. CURRENTLY Lamictal from 10/11. Seroquel from 12/11. Remiron from 12/11: 15-30-45-30-15-to 7.5 7/2012, to 3.75 4/1/13. 5/18 3.75/2. Diagnosis Now: Complex PTSD. Regular Acupuncture/EMDR/therapy/yoga class. PERFECT RESIGNATION GIVES THE DEEPEST JOY OF ALL. ACCEPT IT AS YOUR SOLE RESOURCE. -ANANADAMAYI MA
    The Inner Light - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n8DQknrOOc

3rd week off Remiron

Monday
    have been feeling foggy, upper body tension, pretty much every morning for more than a year. As the severe depression from the Remiron starts to lift, I wonder if the Seroquel is causing the morning fog. Probably be next on my reduction schedule. (Already reduced my daytime dose.) As per Breggin, will probably reduce alternately w Lamictal due to drug interactions. When I started this journey (this time) April 1 (my son got a laugh out of that, when I told him I went in April 1 to "change my antideppressant" he said "April Fools!!!") I just wanted to get off Remiron, as I suspected it was making me worse, now that I am reading Breggin about Chronic Brain Impairment I am definitely planning to get off all of them, in due course.
    Last edited by RubyTuesday; 06-17-2013 at 03:54 PM. Reason: obsessively perfect spelling programming from Dad
    Prozac/Birth Control 9 years. Pot 6/09 to 3/11. Female Problems. Short trials: Paxil, Celexa, Lexipro, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Ativan. CURRENTLY Lamictal from 10/11. Seroquel from 12/11. Remiron from 12/11: 15-30-45-30-15-to 7.5 7/2012, to 3.75 4/1/13. 5/18 3.75/2. Diagnosis Now: Complex PTSD. Regular Acupuncture/EMDR/therapy/yoga class. PERFECT RESIGNATION GIVES THE DEEPEST JOY OF ALL. ACCEPT IT AS YOUR SOLE RESOURCE. -ANANADAMAYI MA

I don’t know if I ever said congratulations for getting off the Remeron, Ruby! Well done. Slow and steady wins the race.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

yea, slow & steady wins the race, my favorite proverb! Physician, heal thyself! as usual I moved too fast into even daytime Seroquel (prn up to 25 or 37.5 max m) withdrawal and had to slow it down again. Still off Remiron.
    Horrible last 2 days, anxiety, crying, creepy crawley sensations on skin all over, oversensitivity to all stimuli, gloom & doom, dismal outlook...unable to accomplish a single task (well, okay, I kept my house clean & my son fed)
    thank god for sunshine, good friends, cigarettes, & Seroquel!
    & Peter Breggin! There is absolutely nothing I have endured that he does not cover in his newest book.

Ruby,
    I see you're doing well medicines decreased, observing the symptoms. stop if necessary and following your intuition.
    Keep it up ....
    Though you make a slow reduction, there is always some symptoms, it is important that the symptoms are manageable
    A hug.
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

AND HUGS TO ALL OF YOU TOO!!!

"People brave enough to come off their antidepressants come alive and experience intense pain, remorse, gratitude, grief and mourning, concern for others, empathy, love, and growth"
    Doug Smith
    quoted in Peter Breggin
    Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal p. 23

"In all likelihood many, if not most, of the "mentally ill" currently on disability, in fact suffer from psychiatric medication Chronic Brain Impairment."
    Breggin p.31

Great quotes, Ruby. That is precisely it.

almost to 4 weeks off Remiron
    still feeling GREAT about being off Remiron due to feeling clear headed, lighter, and like I have my SELF back, although some definite ups & downs both emotionally & physically, today terrible intestinal gas & cramps, pelvic pain, do I have the flu? or is it withdrawal? but I also went wicky wacky with my Seroquel (keep doing that, don't know why) and am insisting I put myself back on a stable dose again. Would really like to reduce Seroquel but just can't right now. Same with Lamictal. Just have to be patient. Will be in the mountains first 2 weeks in August finishing a Yoga Teacher training and want to be on the same dose for at least 3 weeks beforehand. Still reading Peter Breggin, underlining, about to start educating my "treatment team" at my outpatient program. Because I always have to be the one to educate people about what they should already know but don't. Story of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyTuesday View Post
    although some definite ups & downs both emotionally & physically, today terrible intestinal gas & cramps, pelvic pain, do I have the flu? or is it withdrawal?
    Though not ruling out 100% some some real physical stuff going on, it sounds like WD to me. The "flu-feeling" is very often referred to as "Paxil/SSRIs-flu". The good news is that you're seing great progress overall.