Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: RubyTuesday Introduction

SUMMARY OF REMIRON WITHDRAWAL 4 WEEKS OUT
    Overall feel much better off the drug. Still have mood swings, some real pits of despair, but the thing is, it is SO MUCH EASIER to bounce back from these spells, sometimes within minutes, whereas while on Remiron I would literally get stuck in negative emotions like someone had dipped me into cold water and was holding me under and shaking me. I have used cognitive behavioral therapy on myself all my life, but while on Remiron this feeling of being frozen and shaken (shaken, not stirred?) by the drug rendered my brain impervious to any positive interventions. SO GLAD I FIGURED IT OUT AND YOU HELPED.
    Prozac/Birth Control 9 years. Pot 6/09 to 3/11. Female Problems. Short trials: Paxil, Celexa, Lexipro, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Ativan. CURRENTLY Lamictal from 10/11. Seroquel from 12/11. Remiron from 12/11: 15-30-45-30-15-to 7.5 7/2012, to 3.75 4/1/13. 5/18 3.75/2. Diagnosis Now: Complex PTSD. Regular Acupuncture/EMDR/therapy/yoga class. PERFECT RESIGNATION GIVES THE DEEPEST JOY OF ALL. ACCEPT IT AS YOUR SOLE RESOURCE. -ANANADAMAYI MA
    The Inner Light - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n8DQknrOOc

Very good news, Ruby! You’re doing great. Learning tons, have a great plan, paying great attention to your body and psyche.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

think I had a brain zap early this morning: it sounded, for just a second, like someone was driving a tank right between my ears: a very loud roaring grinding metal sound. It woke me up. Weird, but painless.
    And I've been having menstrual cramps. What is up with that? I haven't had a period in 4 years.
    Prozac/Birth Control 9 years. Pot 6/09 to 3/11. Female Problems. Short trials: Paxil, Celexa, Lexipro, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Ativan. CURRENTLY Lamictal from 10/11. Seroquel from 12/11. Remiron from 12/11: 15-30-45-30-15-to 7.5 7/2012, to 3.75 4/1/13. 5/18 3.75/2. Diagnosis Now: Complex PTSD. Regular Acupuncture/EMDR/therapy/yoga class. PERFECT RESIGNATION GIVES THE DEEPEST JOY OF ALL. ACCEPT IT AS YOUR SOLE RESOURCE. -ANANADAMAYI MA

Yeah, sounds typical. That sounds like a zap. And this w/d really stirs up shit in women’s hormones. Sending healing energy….

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

6 weeks off Remiron, 1 week off daytime Seroquel

ever since started the Remiron taper I used Seroquel (prescribed for sleep) during the day to manage anxiety, on no particular schedule, cutting my 25 mg tab in half or quarters. Still taking the 25 mg at night, stopped the daytime dose on Monday. Started tapering it down the previous Wednesday. 2 days of crying all day first week, 2 days the next. Extremely irritable and anxious every day. Just levelling off yesterday with my 2nd intermediate ballet class in 1 week, (had stopped again re w/d). Used all my will power to stay off the daytime Seroquel since it was making me dozey, sluggish, depressed, confused, and so on.
    My acupuncturist fixed the stomach cramp episode a couple of weeks ago. Gave me some licorice tablets claiming they helped muscle tension. It's more like skin crawling & jumping, but they do seem to help.
    This morning drank a magnesium "calm" drink and reinstituted my 2 tabs fish oil (360 each Omega 3), which I had forgotten about in all the kerfluffle and Chronic Brain Impairment.
    Going to my Yoga Teacher training in 2 weeks so can't do any more dose changes even though the
    62.5 m Lamictal is responsible I am pretty sure for the skin crawlies & jumpies and eye twitches. & wall eyed focus.
    I WILL NEVER USE PSYCH MEDS AGAIN.
    Love, Ruby

I’ve been wondering how you’re doing. Sounds like you’re making real progress. It’s a wild ride, isn’t it? I hope your Yoga Teacher training is really fun!

-- Holger Kalweit

Okay I lied, I cut my bedtime Lamictal in half again to make a quarter of 25 mg. to make a 10% dose reduction and a lot of the eye problems and skin jumpies went away right away. still feel them but more maneageable. w/d not too bad. anxiety, some mood swings, but able to manage it.
    still get surges of physical anxiety, all my nerves go into hyperdrive for no particular reason or from a minor trigger. breathing through it, sometimes crying through it, it passes faster.

So glad to hear it’s going OK!

-- Holger Kalweit