Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: RubyTuesday Introduction

10:30 am intense crying/grief AFTER getting all dressed & fed and ready to go, as opposed to before-- like much of the year, demonstrating that indeed the withdrawal is better than the drug?
    Prozac/Birth Control 9 years. Pot 6/09 to 3/11. Female Problems. Short trials: Paxil, Celexa, Lexipro, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Ativan. CURRENTLY Lamictal from 10/11. Seroquel from 12/11. Remiron from 12/11: 15-30-45-30-15-to 7.5 7/2012, to 3.75 4/1/13. 5/18 3.75/2. Diagnosis Now: Complex PTSD. Regular Acupuncture/EMDR/therapy/yoga class. PERFECT RESIGNATION GIVES THE DEEPEST JOY OF ALL. ACCEPT IT AS YOUR SOLE RESOURCE. -ANANADAMAYI MA
    The Inner Light - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n8DQknrOOc

Quote Originally Posted by RubyTuesday View Post
    but if you use 10% of the current dose, you will never get off it, due to the law of infinity?
    Kind of reminds me of the Achilles and the Tortoise Paradox. :)

Well, when you're in the low registers, and the dose is really small, you simply stop taking it, Ruby.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

“There is a crack, a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.” -- Leonard Cohen

Ha ha! You have discovered the mystical calculus of tapering and w/d – you never know you’ve arrived until you look back and realize you already arrived…..

I don’t think the slight shift in timing of the crying was indicative of that much. But I do respect your intuition. Sometimes, people really *know* what they need to do about these drugs. One day, I got a horrible occipital headache I had never had before and *knew* it meant I had to start tapering the Paxil I was on.

It sounds like you’re going to try 1.875 for awhile?

Sending you healing and protective energy.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

is it 1.875? thanks for doing the math for me, I just hit a brain block on that one. yes, I'm going to stick with that for now. Although considering stopping in advance of summer solstice and lying out in the sun for a few days, and/or working in my garden.
    9pm Day #1
    had a good day. lots of sunshine, lots of good people to interact with. mood improved after noon. feeling optimistic.
    Prozac/Birth Control 9 years. Pot 6/09 to 3/11. Female Problems. Short trials: Paxil, Celexa, Lexipro, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Ativan. CURRENTLY Lamictal from 10/11. Seroquel from 12/11. Remiron from 12/11: 15-30-45-30-15-to 7.5 7/2012, to 3.75 4/1/13. 5/18 3.75/2. Diagnosis Now: Complex PTSD. Regular Acupuncture/EMDR/therapy/yoga class. PERFECT RESIGNATION GIVES THE DEEPEST JOY OF ALL. ACCEPT IT AS YOUR SOLE RESOURCE. -ANANADAMAYI MA

Good to hear about the good day! May more of those keep coming.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Day #2
    still having a good day, and talked to a friend who knows someone who studies the relation of medication to the solar & lunar cycles, as I have a hunch that 3 weeks before Summer Solstice is a propitious time to stop the Remiron.

Sounds intriguing! Love your new avatar.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Day #3
    still feel great, forgot to take my 12.5 m of Seroquel in the morning, a little shaky, but nothing major, that I have been taking for a few weeks to manage daytime anxiety. no repercussions.
    Last time I stopped Remiron completely, April 6 to 10, I felt really good Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. On Wednesday I got hincky, and on Thursday I restarted the 3.75 m. of Remiron. So tomorrow we will see what we will see.

Great news, Ruby.

Next question, would it be OK if we moved this thread to the Journals section? That’s really where it belongs. That’s where everyone else’s Journals are. I didn’t realize it was in the Coping section. It will still be plenty accessible!

-- Holger Kalweit

No problem. I was wondering why it was not in the Journals section.I am still figuring out the tech about how this site works.
    Day #4: mood was really good. Physical sensations were uncomfortable at times. Muscle tension,skin tension, aches & pains, fatigue, a little shaky. took tylenol, aleve, & seroquel in tiny amounts Managed my 4th ballet class in 10 days for the first time in over 2 years, which is a major miracle.
    and I have actually started writing again. wrote a short article. trying to build up an online writing portfolio. even had fantasies about writing my novel on a schedule this summer. haven't thought about that since summer of 2001, before Prozac.