Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: My Observation. Or am i wrong?

Hi Moui – I can’t say that I had pain as sharp as you, but I started getting pretty intense occipital headaches after I had been on Paxil the second time for about a year. I had never had pain there before, and I intuited that it was caused by the Paxil and that it meant I had to get off. I think you’re right to interpret the increased pain as a sign that you should go down. I’m glad you’re almost off.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Iggy -- good sense of humor!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Sorry Bella for hijacking the thread and running it waay off the road! I've said it before but I'm not good with forums.. more of a chat person.
    Lol Iggy..
    Sheila, mine started on the second time on citalopram as well. But enough of that, I'll make my own journal or something where I can moan about my ssri journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Needinghelp View Post
    I've been looking up recovery stories for over 10 months now and what i have found is that most of the people who have recovered went on (Or was on) Benzo's when they were in withdrawal and all of them recovered, some even better and faster than the ones who didnt.

Here is an example of people who did: Texgirl, Tryingtogetwell, Sunny1008, Nolex, Amana's Nana, Shea Carney, Zoloftfree, Akaenew. There are many more, but cant think now head is so foggy. All of them are off Benzo's too, execpt for one.

All of them healed and most of them very fast. The people who took long to heal and who still struggle never took Benzo's for withdrawal.

Or am i totally wrong and seeing things?
    sounds like you are insinuating that somehow benzos contributed to healing. It may just be a correlation and remember that it is well known that benzos are addicting. Go to benzobuddies and talk to some of those people. I do believe, however, that the occasional benzo during withdrawal may have brought some temporary relief to these people just as so many other things can. Herbs can do that and various supplements as well. So, one would be taking a big risk adding a benzo although, as stated, it could bring some relief temporarily.
    2004: Effexor-150mg
    2006: switch to paxil-up to 40mg
    2008: after paxil taper failed, went back on effexor-250mg
    2009: quit effexor cold turkey. Switched to zoloft-100mg
    2010: zoloft taper failed, switched to celexa-30mg
    October 2011: tapered celexa in one week

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    no, I mean a history of REAL mental health, anxiety and depression are different things entirly, mostly hormonal I believe,
    Be careful with statements like this Iggy. Major depression IS a mental health issue. If you are talking about feeling sad or down - then that is different. Also clinical anxiety - such as GAD, Panic Disorder and Social Phobia - can also be thought of as mental health issues. The sort of anxiety you have experienced in w/d is the sort of thing some of us have experienced naturally - myself included. So just be careful with what you say.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by PAROX2010 View Post
    Good question, NH

For several days.., en my head round a similar question

Why doctors prescribe SSRI + benzo at the same time?, I did, or Bisco, and others ...

Manual Asthon said:

" Benzodiazepines are known to decrease the activity of serotonin and norepinephrine (noradrenaline), neurotransmitters believed to be closely involved in depression. Antidepressant drugs including the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs such as Prozac) are thought to act by increasing the activity of such neurotransmitters."

I pose the following equation:

ISRS (increasing the activity of such neurotransmitters) + BENZO (decrease the activity of serotonin and norepinephrine) = X (serotonin)????

or put another way:

ISRS (+SEROTONIN) + BENZO (-SEROTONIN) = INCOGNITA (¿?)
    It seems truly absurd...

Just a thought, I continue mulling ..., lol

Hugs
    Benzos also increase GABA which can be thought of as a calming neurotransmitter.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous